Customer Portal - Translations

Martyn Houghton

I am in the process of implementing services for a number of different languages and testing via the Customer, though I know I need to add customer translations for elements we specify, but some of the 'standard' elements in the portal are not translated. Example below, the customer's language is set to French.

image.thumb.png.9eb68b9182b0eb3d2dbc34715962fc6c.png

I am presuming there is some manual translations required to be specified in the settings for these standard elements to be translated, but I had expected these to have been included.

Also do the default translation get updated as part of builds? i.e. as more of us use the platform in different languages, is the default content updated?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton

The Portals certainly support the languages you have enabled on your instance.

image.png

You can manually provide the relevant translation for each language for each translation string, or in the admin console you can do this for the different apps that you use and for each language using the Translate Missing button for each language and app - this will be much much quicker.  This will go off and use google translate to automatically translate all the translation strings.

image.png

You can of edit and amend individual translations strings for any which you disagree with google on :)

Recalling of course that service names / catalog items, faq's,  progressive capture custom form fields, stages and checkpoints on business processes etc need to be translated manually.

Hope that helps

Steve

All,

Thanks for the posts. Unfortunately, this  (the 400 error) is due to a unannounced change in a Google API service we utilise, the inline translation of comments returns a unexpected error (400).  We have now made a change to resolve this, which is working its way through our deployment strategy (https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Continuous_Delivery). Until then the translate option may not function as expected.

We will inform you once the fix has been pushed to live.

Kind Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1