SLA towards an agreed date

HHH

I am having problems with finding a solution to the following scenario.

1.  A service request is created to do something
  2. A date is agreed upon, the value of this date is currently stored in a custom field in the service which is then filled in the ticket.

What I would like to do is create an SLA towards this agreed date so that if the service is not fulfilled on that date (or in some cases before it) the SLA is breached.

Is this possible?

Hi @HHH,

Unfortunately it is not possible to create Service Level Targets on the fly (i.e. on a Request by Request basis). You'll have to define this within the Service Level Agreement.

You can perhaps create a field where you provide a pick-list containing options such as:

• 2 Days
  • 3 Days
  • X Days, etc

You can then update the Priority of the Request via the BPM (Hornbill Service Manager > Entity > Requests > Update Request > Priority automated task) based on the value that is provided (e.g. If "2 Days" is selected, then update the Priority to "High").

Thereafter, update your Service Level Agreement to create rules that will determine the Service Level Target based on a Request's Priority. For example, below, I have created a rule which will use the Gold Service Level if Priority is set to High.

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 15.40.35.png

Then start the Request's response timer via the BPM (using Hornbill Service Manager > Application > Timer > Start Response Timer automated task).

This may not work as well for you but that's what I can think of at this moment in time.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Thanks for the input @Ehsan but unfortunately our service requests are of the type "Upgrade server A on the 29th of November" so a timer won't help unless I can somehow trigger the clock to start on a set date/time

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 4:06 PM, HHH said:

Thanks for the input @Ehsan but unfortunately our service requests are of the type "Upgrade server A on the 29th of November" so a timer won't help unless I can somehow trigger the clock to start on a set date/time

For this kind of situation we put the call on hold until the agreed action date. Which is kind of a workaround but does work as far as timers go.