BPM Failure - The specified user does not exist

Dan Munns

Hi all, 

I have a BPM which i throwing an error 'The specified users 'BPM_SYS_MANAGER' does not exist. 

The variable used by the human task is for the request owner (tasks) and the request has an owner in the correct team. 

I have reset the BPM and reassigned the request to no avail. 

@Victor can you have a look please? Or give someone a nudge who can. 

Thanks 

P.S. reference is SR00023428 BPM ID - BPM20180927000010

Hi @Dan Munns,

We can look into this for you. To investigate the cause of this issue we'll need access to your instance. Could please create a new API Key for the admin account on your instance and email it over to us?

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi @Dan Munns,

After a Request is assigned to an owner, you'll need to reload the Owner Id. You'll have to add an automated task (Entity > Requests > Get Request Information > Request Details) after Suspend - Wait Request Owner node. I think this should then address the problem?

image.png

You can look up an active instance of a Business Process as below, by providing the BPM Id. This gives you an indication of where the BPM has failed. You can also correct the instance of the Business Process so that the Request flows. In this example, I would suggest that you edit the Accounts Payable Tasks node to manually assign the task to an owner and then resume the Process.

image.png

image.png

Please do let me know if the adding the automated task as suggested, fixes the problem?

Thanks,

Ehsan