Enhancement: Add 'Get Customer Info' node to PC

Dan Munns

Hi all, 

Would it be possible to add a node to get the customers info into the PC. 

We have captures that we need to filter based on a users team or dept and doing it after the request has been logged causes some frustration as we then require authorisation from people and it causes delays and other issues. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Dan Munns

Sorry... but I'm not completely sure what customer information you are trying to capture in Progressive Capture and how you would like to use it. Is this an extension of the customer search form?  Do you want to apply filters as part of the configuration, or offer filters to the user raising the request?

Regards,

James

@James Ainsworth pretty much.

Maybe a little more in depth though, so I would need to be able to create logic based on: 

Roles
Departments / Teams
Custom fields
Job title

There are some departments who have a single service on our catalog, but need to be able to present various different options to users based on one or more of the above. As some users will have multiple of the above it would be a challenge at the best to create CIs for each possible outcome as some users would have multiple CIs for the same thing.

• 3 months later...

Hi @Dan Munns

This change is still in our Backlog and hasn't yet made it to our development team.  I understand about the length of time.  We do have a large number of feature requests and enhancements from our customers that we have raised and we are looking to implement.  For Service Manager alone we completed 106 feature requests in 2018.  

For this particular change, the planning has been completed and it is waiting in a queue to be scheduled with the development team.  Once this is done and we have a better idea of the time frame for release, I'll be sure to update this post to let you know.  

Many thanks,

James

11 hours ago, Alisha said:

Would this also include the customer's company and custom attributes?

Hi @Alisha

The change we have raised for this does currently include the company and custom attributes.  However, there is always the possibility that one or more of the planned variables can be more challenging than some of the others to provide.  At this point I can't promise that they will all be included as part of this change but we will do our best.  In order to not delay a change we will sometime defer some options to a future change.

Regards,

James

• 8 months later...