Variable picker for service details lacks service ID

HHH

Hi

I have a BPM using the service name variable in a branch but a recent rebranding of a product which had us change the name of the service crashed the BPM until flow was fixed.

It was then decided we use serviceID in BPM's instead, just in case it happens again.

However I cannot find this parameter in the in the Flowcode when getting info from the node "Get Request Information -> Service details" which I find odd.

Any ideas?

Service picker.jpg

I found it in get request details rather than get service details.

Follow up question. In the database each service has different ID's depending on translations etc.

How will this affect BPM lookups? do I need to handle all ID's or do I use the h_linked_service_id as a catch-all?

Hi @HHH glad you found it in the full request details. 

In terms of services and requests, each request is logged against a single service (the one returned in the request details option), however you do also have the option to add Linked Services to requests, but this will not affect the one in the request details option nor the service id held in the primary request table for the requests (h_itsm_requests - h_fk_serviceid) and this links to the service id in the h_itsm_service - h_pk_serviceid

Hope that helps

Steve

1 hour ago, Steven Boardman said:

Hi @HHH glad you found it in the full request details. 

In terms of services and requests, each request is logged against a single service (the one returned in the request details option), however you do also have the option to add Linked Services to requests, but this will not affect the one in the request details option nor the service id held in the primary request table for the requests (h_itsm_requests - h_fk_serviceid) and this links to the service id in the h_itsm_service - h_pk_serviceid

Hope that helps

Steve

@Steven Boardman

Thanks for fast response.

When I looked in the database I find several h_pk_serviceid for each service in h_itsm_service. It appears each is connected to a translation. But when I go to my service portfolio, the URL is https://live.hornbill.com/{instance}/servicemanager/service/view/X where X is a number. Would this be the number to use for lookups in the Business Process?

@HHH - alternatively, if you like to look in the DB directly, the Service ID used by the BP will be the ID where h_pk_serviceid = h_linked_service_id. For example, this query will return the IDs you need (along with the service name):

SELECT h_pk_serviceid, h_servicename FROM h_itsm_services
WHERE h_pk_serviceid = h_linked_service_id

• Thanks 1