Notifications on sub-status change not working

dwalby

Hi all,

Recently noticed that notifications within Hornbill are not triggering when a requests sub-status changes.

For example, I just placed a request on-hold pending a due date of 9:20am, then navigated back to the request list. When 9:20am came a notification did not appear in my notification area, despite the sub-status of the request changing.

From what I understand the notifications should derive from this setting here:

image.thumb.png.6f6687816ee09020a2080f6043e0da8c.png

Is there an issue?

Thanks in advance

Hi @dwalby

Thanks for the post.

I've just had a look into this and it appears that this is actually a missing element of functionality, notifications are sent correctly when updating via email or when manual updates are made, however it doesn't appear that this has ever been triggered by a request coming off-hold automatically.

I'll raise this internally so that this can be addressed.

Kind Regards,

Dave

• Like 1

Hi there, I've been adding a few new sub status' today and they seems to be working fine.  I also want analysts to get a notification when one of the tickets is auto taken off hold and changed the following settings

QyCnQDk.png

But neither email nor the hornbill notifications appear to work.  I've tested manual sub-status changes and also auto off hold.  We have other notifications such as portal updates that are working ok.  Any advice appreciated.

• 1 month later...

@dwalby afaik, the issue was fixed in SM build 1345 which was deployed earlier this month: FIX: Emailing owner and team fails when a basic user updates their request via the service portal {PM00153156}

I can see SM app in your instance is on a later build so you should not experience this issue... Is it not the case?

EDIT: I'll let Dave update this thread since there might be something that still needs fixing :)

• 2 months later...