Some variables not filling on new email

lomixture

image.png.b5683bc52f5af91fc1fab13e0c9dd9b6.png

We have been asked by our team if there have been changes made to the variables on the email snippets? At present, a number of our snippets are set up as above with a customer name variable, and the owner name variable. However, since we did the update, only the owner name variable is updating when used in the job.

image.png.b3259fad69cf7121a4758979ac49c25a.png

Is there a reason for this? I have tried rewriting the snippet but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Also - is there a way to set the formatting, so it always comes up in Tahoma rather than Ariel? We have force standard fonts and unfortunately the new change does not meet the standards, and so our staff are having to manually change over 200 snippets a day.

Until the snippets are fixed, I suggest using this variable: {{Customer Contact.H_firstname}} in the template itself. If you are supporting internal users then use this variable: {{Customer Coworker.H_first_name}}. If using a mix then set them both using ESP conditions. Same for other variables, use the template correspondent.

15 minutes ago, lokent said:

is there a way to set the formatting, so it always comes up in Tahoma rather than Ariel?

All the formatting is done and configured in the template.

@lokent  when sending email from a request an email template is used (these are located in admin tool here: Home - System - Email Templates). The template which will be used when sending the email is configured on each service for each request type:

image.png

With the new email action interface, the default template to be used will be this one, configured on the service. Until snippets are fixed you can use template variables for dynamic values (such as customer name) and use only static text in snippets...

19 minutes ago, lokent said:

Sorry @Victor, we don't use snippets at the moment and instead have a variety of snippets that our team access.

Please could you expand on your response above so I can understand where to write the templates, and how to implement them?

we don't use templates *** not snippets, whoops!

Thank you for the above.

If it helps, on our service desk I have a "Request Update" template, it looks like this:

image.png

The [message_here] part does not mean anything from Hornbill perspective. It is simply a visual indicator for me to know to select this text then with the text selected, simply use a snippet to overwrite it and insert a standard text between "Dear ... " and "Hornbill Customer Success Team" ... It works for me ;)