Snippets no longer catch customerFirstName or customerLastName

HHH

After updating to build 1330 if I use a snippet that has the variable {{customerFirstName}} or {{customerLastName}} it no longer fetches the value for those into the email.

So if I have a snippet that uses Dear {{customerFirstName}}, it just says Dear

No name is inserted

Until the snippets are fixed, I suggest using this variable: {{Customer Contact.H_firstname}} in the template itself  (similar for the last name). If you are supporting internal users then use this variable: {{Customer Coworker.H_first_name}}. If using a mix then set them both using ESP conditions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @sprasad,

You can revert your configuration back to {{customerFirstName}} and {{customerLastName}}. This was patched on the 21st of September, after it was reported earlier that morning - Apologies for not posting an update here.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Shalesh,

I created a Snippet as below:

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 15.06.58.png

I then selected my Snippet within the Email Action tab and as you can see below, both variables are populated.

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 15.07.46.png 

I tried this with a Co-Worker and a Contact and I can confirm that the variables were populated on both occasions.

Does the Request have a customer? Have you tried to clear your browser cache, re-login and give it another try?

Thanks,

Ehsan

@Ehsan

I have replicated the issue with my colleague @sprasad today. The snippet is below and it is just the customer details which are not be populated when inserting the snippet, the owner entry works fine.

Dear {{customerFirstName}}

Regards

{{ownerName}}

We replicated it on a number of requests, all external contacts, logged by phone, email and portal.

We are on SM Build 1338, Platform 2942, Collaboration 941.

@HHH, is this working for you now?

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton,

Take a look at the example below where I'm using a Template (RequestMessage) to send an email - The variables in the Template are pre-loaded into the email body and they'll not be parsed to show the actual values. As you can see, I'm presented with {{owner.H_first_name}} instead of Ehsan (for example).

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 08.26.55.png

That is not the case with variables in a Snippet. Below, I've clicked on my Snippet (called General) and the actual values are added to the body of the email - I'm shown Frank instead of {{customerFirstName}}.

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 08.30.29.png

We revamped the Email Action to allow you to use pre-defined Templates and the rich-text capabilities that comes with it. Have you tried switching from using a Snippet to using a Template? We envisioned that with revamping this functionality, our users would switch from using a Snippet to using Templates as it provides you with so much more functionality and flexibility (and a extensive list of variables!) than Snippets ever did.

@Ehsan

As we have a large number of email templates for the different service desk we operate within the same instance, we have not enabled the option to select different templates, as this would not be manageable in its current state where all templates are listed. We have already raised about being to link templates to the Service, so the list is restricted and context aware.

Therefore we are still reliant on snippets for corporate elements, as well as for the end users who want to setup personal snippets, which would never be deployed as templates.

As it appears to be specific to our instance and you are not able to replicate it, I will raise support request so we can arrange to demonstrate the issue.

Cheers

Martyn