Batch Delete Emails in the Search View

Katie Anderson-Weaver

Is it possible to search for emails and then select multiple ones to be deleted? We've had a play around and can't seem to work it out.

We have a lot of Undelivered Mail emails every morning and would like to be able to search for them and get rid of them in one go, rather than scrolling through the inbox.

Any advice appreciated, 

@Katie Anderson-Weaver - scroll down is the only way I'm afraid... You could make this easier by selecting the first email in the list, then scroll down to the latest and SHIFT + click to select it. This will select all emails in between... You can also change the order (ascending descending) and criteria of displayed email (e.g. date, status)...

In Supportworks, we were to be able to order emails by subject matter, and then select all the same ones and delete - this was really handy - any chance of having something like that? Clicking SHIFT + and selecting each email is just so time-consuming when dealing with 100+ emails and every time we get a new email wherever you are in the list skips to the top again - really frustrating. 

Hi @Katie Anderson-Weaver,

Regarding a new email coming in and the list goes to the top, we'll have a look because it should not happen.

We can't allow sorting by subject because of efficiency reasons but what we could do improve  the search results and allow selecting emails as you suggested before.

It should not be very difficult to implement so it should not take long. I'll keep updating this post when we have more details.

Thank you,

Daniel.

• 2 weeks later...

The change was done to allow selection of emails in the search result. That will be available in our next build next week. Probably on Tuesday if no problems are found.

Regarding the skipping to the top, I'm sorry but we are unable to replicate your problem. Each time a new email arrives, even if you scrolled down, it stays in the same place. It doesn't go up.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Does it happen every time or in a specific scenario?

Thanks.

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel ahhh brilliant. I'll keep an eye out for the update.

As for the inbox, it happens to all of our analysts, all day every day, we can't seem to identify a specific sceario. The inbox doesn't load very quickly either, for example, you start scrolling down and then it's blank, you have to refresh the page or delete some emails to see anymore - I assume it shouldn't be like this?

We have tested it in Chrome and Edge and both are the same. it's a hard thing to explain but I'm going to try and get a moving screen capture to show you what I mean.

Thank you for the information.

When you first open the folder (like inbox) it loads a short number of emails, not all of them, this is for efficiency reasons. In a web page you can't load thousands of records. So when you scroll down and it needs to load more, it can take some time depending on how many emails you have in that folder and also depending on your internet speed connection.

It will be more clear in the new build. 

image.png

It will show how many records are loaded out of the total. You will also be able to select all the current loaded records (emails).

Regarding the problem, could it be appearing when you scroll down and is loading more emails?

Thanks,

Daniel.

• 2 weeks later...

@Daniel Dekel so when we are in the email list if you select the any/last email and are reading the main body of the email, if either another email is received into the inbox or an analyst raises a job/applies an email to a request and their email gets moved to the deleted items folder a green pop up occurs and your view of the highlighted email that you were reading changes and the highlighted email is now the top email in your list but is not selected or showing the new email details.

Not sure if this makes sense....

Hi @Jeremy,

I don't see that behaviour. What I can see that happens is that when a new email comes in, the same email that was in focus and showing the details is still selected. The only thing that happens is that that the emails list scrolls a bit down, showing the selected email at the top position, but that is not the new email. Is still selecting the same one.

Can you please confirm that is the behaviour? If not, what browser do you use and what Operating System?

Thank you,

Daniel

Hi @Jeremy,

New emails always will come to the top until you refresh the list. But, I am considering making a change that will solve the issue of jumping and wrong order of new emails. The change is to make a separate list just for new emails. This will make a better visual display of new emails and keeping the current list in the correct order.

I'll speak to the team about this and see what is the best approach.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Daniel.

• 4 months later...
On 9/7/2018 at 9:13 AM, Katie Anderson-Weaver said:

Is it possible to search for emails and then select multiple ones to be deleted? We've had a play around and can't seem to work it out.

We have a lot of Undelivered Mail emails every morning and would like to be able to search for them and get rid of them in one go, rather than scrolling through the inbox.

Any advice appreciated, 

@Katie Anderson-Weaver

Yes, I can advise that it is now possible to search for emails and then select multiples to be deleted, see the screenshot below. Hope this helps!

image.png