Request Message Email - Template selection

Martyn Houghton

On 9/6/2018 at 9:44 AM, Steven Boardman said:

Ability to view / choose the email template you wish to use (see drop down in screen shot) - controlled by a system setting, so those who do not want agents to have the choice and want to retain the existing behaviour will be able to do so.

@Steven Boardman @Ehsan can you let me know where this system setting is to turn this off while we work out how to work with this new version of the email action.

@Jeremy,

You can disable the selection of an email template through app.email.request.operation.templateSelectable setting in Service Manager App (Admin Tool > Hornbill Service Manager tile > Settings tile).

Thanks,

Ehsan

1 hour ago, Keith said:

I do not have these variables available in my snippets and wonder why.

@Keith - these variables (the ones I mentioned) are available in the template itself, the email template used when the email is being sent. They are not available in snippets. The snippets and email templates use a different set of variables...

14 minutes ago, Victor said:

@Keith - these variables (the ones I mentioned) are available in the template itself, the email template used when the email is being sent. They are not available in snippets. The snippets and email templates use a different set of variables...

Ah OK @Victor, any reason why? Would be good to have more variables available for snippets.

56 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

@Ehsan sorry I meant is there a way of going back to just have the box to type the message to appear within the template, but with the email toolbar to bold, underline etc?

@Jeremy - Unfortunately it is not possible to disable this new feature. I am keen to understand why you would like to disable this enhancement? We revamped the Email Action in a Request to provide you with the freedom to use Email Templates that are configured in the system, as well as extensive rich text options such as formatting your content, adding images ans hyperlinks and editing and reviewing an email template prior to sending an email. This is to improve a user's experience, one of the most requested Service Manager features and an upgrade to Snippets which had no rich text option. If there are any short falls in the deliverable, please let us know so we can improve it.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to provide an update on some changes that are going to be available in the next Service Manager update.  We have added some options to allow you to change the behaviour of the Email Action.

Option 1:  Use the new Email Template Editor where you can preview and modify the template

Option 2: Use the previous Text Editor where you have a simple text box that gets injected into the email template.  The variable {{message}} will be required in the template when this setting is being used

Option 3: Let the user decide.  A toggle on the Email Action will be available for a user to switch between the Email Template Editor and the Text Editor.  Again, the variable {{message}} will be required in the email templates, but in the case where the Email Template Editor is used, it will automatically strip the {{message}} variable out so that both editors can use the same email template.

These changes are already documented here along with the settings which will be available in the next Service Manager update.

Regards,

James