Request Message Email - Template selection

Martyn Houghton

Though you can specify a default email template to be using the request email action for the service, it would be useful to be able to select an alternative from a drop down box, i.e. you set a default email template as you do now for a service, but you can also link other email templates which can be used for request for said service.

The analyst can then choose to select an alternative one, rather than the default.

For us, this is related to use wanting to use a single service for a multi language support team, therefore the standard email templates which surrounds the message body needs to be language specific.

At the moment as there are no translations for email templates (see post link below), we are having to set up multiple services for the same Service (aka product) which are language specific. With the restriction on not being able to change a request from one service to another this makes it problematic when the wrong language service is selected.

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton in the next Service Manager update we have made some enhancements to the email component on requests

* Ability to view / choose the email template you wish to use (see drop down in screen shot) - controlled by a system setting, so those who do not want agents to have the choice and want to retain the existing behaviour will be able to do so.

* The ability to see the template content / variables 

* Ability to edit it before sending - including the insertion of existing snippets

* HTML editor options as shown below

image.png

We are probably a couple of weeks away from this Service Manager update being available but hopefully this will help

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Martyn Houghton i'll need to check

Also if you haven't already, also take a read of this in relation to the email templates you are currently using and the '''Message''' variable which is no longer needed once this update is applied, so needs to be removed from the email templates used for the manually sent updates from your requests

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Email_Action_Item

Steve

Guest gregmarcroftorc

Hi,

This update will hopefully be useful for us in future, however we have noticed some problems on our instance:

• The {{customerFirstName}}, variable does not seem to be pulling through
  • Some of our internal contacts are not appearing when using the search in the to: bar to send an email
  • Also noticed, the line spacing gets bigger if you edit a line and not sure how easy it is to get it back to what it was then.

As I said this update will hopefully be beneficial for us, but we don't want to lose some of our efficiency that we used to have by having to re-format things each time.

Is someone able to look at this for us?

Thanks

Greg

ORC International

@m.vandun

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the update to the Email Action feature. As we're unable to recreate this behaviour, could you please clarify:

• The email that was sent - Does it contain the correct content (i.e. not HTML)?
  • Could you recreate this behaviour every time? If so, is it possible to provide us with an example (screenshot would be great) of how the email looks prior to hitting the Send button?

@gregmarcroftorc - until the snippets are fixed, I suggest using this variable: {{Customer Contact.H_firstname}} in the template itself. If you are supporting internal users then use this variable: {{Customer Coworker.H_first_name}}. If using a mix then set them both using ESP conditions. Same for other variables, use the template correspondent.

@Ehsan

16 hours ago, Ehsan said:

The email that was sent - Does it contain the correct content (i.e. not HTML)?

Yes, when viewing the email it does show the correct email. Only in the timeline we see the HTML content.

16 hours ago, Ehsan said:

Could you recreate this behaviour every time? If so, is it possible to provide us with an example (screenshot would be great) of how the email looks prior to hitting the Send button?

We have this on every sent email.

image.png.b60689a89724a5af1995a437469dc9e0.png

image.thumb.png.f99ceefe41f73c84e04799366a575f18.png

image.png.05be360a3451b24371a1b9c3b860acb6.png

16 hours ago, Victor said:

@gregmarcroftorc - until the snippets are fixed, I suggest using this variable: {{Customer Contact.H_firstname}} in the template itself. If you are supporting internal users then use this variable: {{Customer Coworker.H_first_name}}. If using a mix then set them both using ESP conditions. Same for other variables, use the template correspondent.

@Victor I know this advice was not provided in relation to the Issue I have logged with you but have tried it. I do not have these variables available in my snippets and wonder why. Simply entering them as provided does not work and in fact, prevents the snippet from expanding.

@m.vandun

Unfortunately I am still not able to recreate the problem even though I created a template that consists of a table, images, links and rich text formatting.

image.png

Is it possible for you to provide us the source of the template? I will contact you directly to get hold off the source if possible.

image.png

Thanks,

Ehsan

5 minutes ago, Keith said:

@Victor I know this advice was not provided in relation to the Issue I have logged with you but have tried it. I do not have these variables available in my snippets and wonder why. Simply entering them as provided does not work and in fact, prevents the snippet from expanding.

We're preparing a patch and it will be available shortly, so you don't have to make a change to your Snippet.

Thanks,

Ehsan