Unable to use tags

Keith

@Keith do you have any replication steps for this?

In my example below i have a couple of tags defined, i go into a project > details > edit mode and type in the Tag field and it allows me to add them and matches others based on my search term.

I've tried this with users with different PM roles,  i've tried adding Tags with and without additional translations and in different browsers but can't seem to replicate the issue.

image.png

• Like 1

Hi @Steven Boardman

If I navigate to the projects Tags, this is what I see as a default. 

image.thumb.png.92053cde178824da6fe445110354dcd1.png

Switching Language to British shows I have created two tags.

image.thumb.png.f1a77a36c26b76a974cc472fb7647348.png

Navigating to the Project detail I try to enter a known tag but this is not displayed and is therefore not selectable.

image.thumb.png.07e25f9b9f49b320336dc8a54f73e37a.png

I have just created a new tag called "Finance" which I created using British Langauge. I am able to add this to a project. I wonder if there is some limit on tag length that is causing an issue here?

Alternatively, it could be an issue around language. I seem to recall originally creating the tags without changing language though I could be wrong. Personally, I think the language should default to the user's login language rather than displaying a blank entry.   

image.thumb.png.91f6630aec6dddfa0534e7ee61e62bec.png

Hope this helps.

Keith

image.png

@Keith I'm beginning to think that there may be an issue either with your profile or your instance as a whole with regard to languages. This screen uses the same language settings as the one in Project Manager so it can't be just a coincidence that they are both not displaying anything.

Can you confirm that you have a language set against your user profile?

Alex

@alextumber I recreated my two tags using British Language but am still unable to use them. I can use other tags that I have created since. Maybe this is an issue that these two "LMS" & "LBS" were created with no language previously.

Really need to get these two working.

@Keith I'm sorry to hear this and would like to get this sorted for you asap.

If you go to the Hornbill Admin Tool and look directly in the database at the h_tags table where h_tag_group = "urn:tagGroup:projects". What do you see? The records should look something like this:

image.png

If any of them are missing a value in the h_language column, please update them with 'en-GB'. If this is not the issue then I'll need to investigate further.

Alex

@alextumber I have lots of tags with no language. However, am unable to edit. Do I need a special role for this, or does the update have to be done via sql?

You'll notice I have some duplicates now (with language and without) so presume some will need to be deleted?

As an aside, my Admin language does not appear to be "sticking". Everyday it is blank again. Is this to do without AD sync? I'm fine in the Hornbill app.

image.thumb.png.8fc31bc6dd50db39a7242510ed0e4a52.png

@Keith the update would need to be done via sql. Can I ask how many projects you have tagged already? If it isn't many I would be very tempted to remove all tags from all projects and then to delete all records from h_tags where the h_tag_group = 'urn:tagGroup:projects'. Once you have done this, recreate the tags and re associate them to the projects.

When you say your admin language are you referring to the admin role being applied to your user account?

Alex

@alextumber OK, will probably delete all. Which leads me to ask if its possible to delete the test projects I've created, or am I only able to set them as cancelled?

Re language.

The regional setting in my admin profile is not persisting. Can't be our AD syncing because I set it this morning and it already cleared again.

<screenshot removed by forum admin>

My Hornbill App profile is fine.

image.png.c7ac078994eb1bc04ca06bab6e6fef5a.png

@Keith that is very strange indeed. Something must be removing/resetting it. @Victor maybe something you can look at?

Regarding removing projects: there is a tile in the admin tool that allows you to remove cancelled projects. It seems there is a problem with this currently that our development team has identified and fixed for the next update, which is due very soon.

Alex

@Keith - so it seems it is actually one of the user imports overwriting your regional settings

Here is when you did manually set it correctly at 09:42

2018-09-13 08:42:24Z [INFO]:[SQL]:[1624] UPDATE h_sys_accounts SET h_language = ?, h_update_count = ? WHERE h_user_id = ?
	======== record data ========
	1: en-GB
	2: 1095
	3: keith.***

Here is the import overwriting it at 09:58

2018-09-13 08:58:21Z [INFO]:[SQL]:[2420] UPDATE h_sys_accounts SET h_language = ?, h_update_count = ? WHERE h_user_id = ?
	======== record data ========
	1: en
	2: 1096
	3: Keith.***

"en" is not a valid value for language this is why it appears as a blank...

• Like 1