Attachments - how useful?

lomixture

Good afternoon!

Is there a way of doing either of the following things:

a) when printing a job, also having a tick box option to allow the printing of attachments as part of the timeline?

and

b) is there a way of attaching request attachments to an email from within the request, without having to save them elsewhere?
We have instances whereby our staff call out contractors, and could use the ability to easily attach photographs customers or analysts have taken to the email to aide the contractor.

Thank you in advance

cc: @Gemma Morrison

@lokent I believe point b) is already possible if I'm understanding what you're asking correctly. When composing an e-mail within the request view, click the attachments button, then beneath the 'Upload files' section there's a 'Show associated files ' option which lets you attach files already available within the request. 

9 hours ago, lokent said:

b) is there a way of attaching request attachments to an email from within the request, without having to save them elsewhere?

As mentioned by @dwalby there is an option to select attachments that are already associated to a request and send them in an email.

image.png

Also, so that you don't fill up mailboxes with attachments you can set the attachments so that the customer can download them from the request in the portal.  You would just need to send them the link to the request.

Regards,

James

9 hours ago, lokent said:

when printing a job, also having a tick box option to allow the printing of attachments as part of the timeline?

Sorry @lokent I'm not sure I understand the requirement.  Are you wanting to print the content of the attachment within the timeline section of the printout?  Or are you wanting a list of attached files where you can select individual attachments to be printed?  Or just a printout of the names of the files that are attached?

We don't currently have any options for including attachments as part of a request print out.  

5 hours ago, lokent said:

our team would like an easy way of printing attachments

I'll ask the development team, but I think that there may be challenges as we are not always able to see or work with the contents of a file without opening the associated application for that file type.  We looked into providing previews of attached files which I believe would have the same barriers.  

Regards,

James