Multiple Customers

Logan Graham

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to give access to a ticket to multiple end users. For example I would like to give access to a ticket to someone in our HR team but the ticket is submitted under John Smith and only he can see it. 

At the moment all we are doing is sending an email to the HR team with the details of the ticket.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Logan G

@Logan Graham

If the HR team are access it via the Service Portal rather than the Live User App, the only supported method would be if they are set up as a manager of John Smith so they can then see 'All My Staff's Request'.

It may be better depending on your process for the HR to have a full user license and be set as a supporting team, or as @Victor mentions by adding them as a Member if it is more adhoc either manually or as part of your BPM.

Note Member are individuals not organisation groups/teams, where as having HR as a support team it would relate to all members of the team.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Both,

Thanks for the fast responses, I may look at the "all my staff requests" option might be a bit difficult due to I don't want HR to see every request only the ones that we ask. I don't see the member one working for what I want as they do not have a license they only have access to the portal and not Live. 

I may just leave it and have my team just email on the request as normal, thanks anyway.

Logan G

Sorry to jump on this - but multiple customers would be useful for us too!

We have instances whereby a supervisor logs a job, and then goes on leave asking their team member to chase it up, which they diligently do. However, as only 5% of our workforce are Users we cannot add them as members most of the time due to them being Basic accounts.

This then results in phone calls and manual chase ups from the team member instead of what could be a simple dual customer. We have looked at changing the customer, but this doesn't always work if the customer should really stay as the logee.

Thank you!

cc: @@Gemma Morrison

This is something others, myself included have posted about previously. It's a highly requested feature within my organisation as when performing service reviews for example, a department senior manager would like to view all open requests logged by their department. This isn't something that's currently supported other than if the person wanting access to view is the request loggers manager.

One manager in particular got increasingly frustrated with being unable to view his departments open calls, so to workaround it I'm going to setup my BPMs to reassign it to him as the customer and add the original request logger as a connection. Not ideal though. 

1 hour ago, dwalby said:

One manager in particular got increasingly frustrated with being unable to view his departments open calls, so to workaround it I'm going to setup my BPMs to reassign it to him as the customer and add the original request logger as a connection. Not ideal though. 

Hi @dwalby

Allowing a manager to view their managed staff's requests is available.  The manager can view this through the service portal.  This is enabled through the following setting

image.png

Once enabled this option is available to the manager on the portal

image.png

The last step is to make sure that all of the staff have the manager set on their profile.  This can be set in Administration on the user's profile settings.

Regards,

James 

While we don't plan on changing the customer assignment on a request to accommodate more than one customer, we do have a change where we are looking at options to provide some form of visibility to a request for Connections.  

I've mentioned in other posts regarding this topic, we have to be careful with how this is delivered as there is opportunity to share information without the customer knowing.  For example as Hornbill customers, if you were to raise an incident with us that contains personal or confidential information about your organisation, and we started adding Connections from other companies who are also impacted by the same incident, your information is instantly shared without your knowing.  If you as a customer are raising requests with Hornbill and you don't want your requests to be shared to connections from other companies, how do you control this?  How would you know who it has been shared with?  So, while this might provide some efficiencies for the Service Desk, you may end up with some upset customers/end users who didn't realise their information was being shared.

There may be a few different controls that could be considered, such as

• Disabling the Connections Action on requests for services where you wouldn't want to share this information
  • Allow Connection visibility on certain types of connection types - for example only show to Impacted connections but not Interested connections.
  • Providing a ''Published'' version of a request that doesn't contain any personal information.
  • Provide a "Who else can see my request" option for a customer
  • Provide an option for a customer to opt out of allowing their requests to be shared.  Or more likely have this the default and provide an Opt-in feature
  • A global default setting to enable or disable this feature
  • Utilise the "Public" visibility option on Request Actions and Timeline to control who can see which updates.

Lots of challenges with providing this while maintaining privacy and security.  We will continue to look at options to deliver this change.

Regards,

James

6 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

While we don't plan on changing the customer assignment on a request to accommodate more than one customer, we do have a change where we are looking at options to provide some form of visibility to a request for Connections.  

I've mentioned in other posts regarding this topic, we have to be careful with how this is delivered as there is opportunity to share information without the customer knowing.  For example as Hornbill customers, if you were to raise an incident with us that contains personal or confidential information about your organisation, and we started adding Connections from other companies who are also impacted by the same incident, your information is instantly shared without your knowing.  If you as a customer are raising requests with Hornbill and you don't want your requests to be shared to connections from other companies, how do you control this?  How would you know who it has been shared with?  So, while this might provide some efficiencies for the Service Desk, you may end up with some upset customers/end users who didn't realise their information was being shared.

There may be a few different controls that could be considered, such as

• Disabling the Connections Action on requests for services where you wouldn't want to share this information
  • Allow Connection visibility on certain types of connection types - for example only show to Impacted connections but not Interested connections.
  • Providing a ''Published'' version of a request that doesn't contain any personal information.
  • Provide a "Who else can see my request" option for a customer
  • Provide an option for a customer to opt out of allowing their requests to be shared.  Or more likely have this the default and provide an Opt-in feature
  • A global default setting to enable or disable this feature
  • Utilise the "Public" visibility option on Request Actions and Timeline to control who can see which updates.

Lots of challenges with providing this while maintaining privacy and security.  We will continue to look at options to deliver this change.

Regards,

James

Hi @James AinsworthAinsworthAinsworthAinsworth,

(There's something wrong with the forum on my mobile, it duplicated your last name above and wouldn't let me delete it)

I know I've posted my interest on this in the past in other posts... But I was wondering if we can do something around Services for visibility?

In our organisation any manager within a Service should know what's going on within that Service and not any other Service.

I propose there to be a Business Manager(s) field within the Service Portfolio where we can define these managers who should have visibility of all tickets within that Service.

This could then be extended with some of your options above - I particularly like the idea of "Who can see my request" and if the customer clicks on it they can see a list of people and manually remove the ones they do not wish to view it. This scenario is unlikely here but may cater for other organisations.

Another option i thought of is to use the current Manager fields against the users and automatically build an internal visibility hiearchy (which I hope in SM and the Portals we can view this hiearchy) which can be used to control visibility of the request(s). This option is suited for organisations where the manager field is populated for every employee within a team this would work for us for example.

Director of Service

Manager

|

Supervisor

|

Team Leader 1 ------------ Team Leader 2

|.                                        |

Staff 1.                             Staff 4

Staff 2.                             Staff 5

Staff 3.                             Staff 6

With the method above there will need to be an option to define whether an organisation would allow users at the same level to view requests or have it only hiearchy based. I know that some teams this is important and others not so much.

I understand the importance of private information within requests so if there can be a solution to that combine with some of the ideas... Would make for a very robust visibility system.

Thanks,

Samuel.

• Like 1

Hi @samwoo

Yes, I agree with you on the Business Owner for a Service.   There may still be a question around access to individual requests, but they would be someone that would be interested in the statistics such as how well are the SLAs being kept to, how many requests are we getting, what is the demand for the service, how much is it costing, etc.

We do have some plans for this, but it is a different requirement from sharing requests between users via connections.  

Regards,

James