Attachment Restriction - File Size Setting

Martyn Houghton

@AWeaire have you considered uploading the videos to youtube (marking them as unlisted), or using Microsoft stream on Office 365 to host them - then you can do one of two things in Hornbill

1. In FAQ's share the video link 

image.png

2. In document manager, create a new External Link document type - using the video URL again

image.png

Both of these approaches will then not eat into your Hornbill storage usage. 

Steve

Hi,

It has just been brought to my attention that customers using the Customer Portal cannot upload any files larger than 10MB despite the maxfileUploadSize setting being changed to 20MB.

We as analysts can attach files up to 20MB without issue.  Is there another setting somewhere or is this something behind the scenes that needs to be tweaked please?  One of our customers has a 13MB zip file of logs to attach to an Incident.

Thanks

Steve.

Hi @Steven Boardman

Thanks for the suggestion. We have thought of doing this, our only issue is that the majority our users are Hospital based and so do not have access to the internet (or if they do, its very restricted). I have managed to get round the issue by re-encoding the videos so they are smaller than 20MB. We are still having an issue of uploading the larger videos (that are nearly 20MB) however, but I'll raise that via the portal.

Thanks,

Andrew

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steven Cotterell said:

Hi,

It has just been brought to my attention that customers using the Customer Portal cannot upload any files larger than 10MB despite the maxfileUploadSize setting being changed to 20MB.

We as analysts can attach files up to 20MB without issue.  Is there another setting somewhere or is this something behind the scenes that needs to be tweaked please?  One of our customers has a 13MB zip file of logs to attach to an Incident.

Thanks

Steve.

@Steven Boardman, can you shed any light on this one for us please?

Thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, Steven Cotterell said:

Is there anyone that can look into this please - we have two occurrences this morning where our customers have wanted to upload a zip file of logs for us to investigate an Incident they have logged with us.

Thanks in advance.

Still happening this morning.  Screenshot attached shows trying to add a file that is larger than 10MB.  I can add this file from the Analyst view, just cannot do it from the customer's perspective in the Customer portal.  File is 19,999,999 bytes.

image.thumb.png.baedef7e63b9ea3a17eddf72bce62be1.png

Guest Paul Davis

Hi @Steven Cotterell, sorry you are experiencing this problem and I'm sure that someone will be in touch here in due course. We provide the support-by-forum-only option for those customers that do not wish to incur the additional cost of, or have no need for an enhanced success plan, like Premier Success.  This option though does not come with any service levels and so Hornbill does not commit to any timeframe for a response. Usually, you will find that someone does post a reply in a quick fashion, but obviously when something untoward is spotted, that is likely to not be fast enough for those on the receiving end. If you do need committed service levels for any incidents you report, then you might want to consider Premier Success moving forwards https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Premier_Success_Plan .

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 8:57 AM, Steven Cotterell said:

Still happening this morning.  Screenshot attached shows trying to add a file that is larger than 10MB.  I can add this file from the Analyst view, just cannot do it from the customer's perspective in the Customer portal.  File is 19,999,999 bytes.

image.thumb.png.baedef7e63b9ea3a17eddf72bce62be1.png

Again, today we had an instance where the customer needed to attach a file larger than 10MB.

Is there any reason why on the customer portal this is limited to 10MB, yet as an Analyst you can add a file up to 20MB?

@Steven Cotterell

Unfortunately this setting is only being applied in the collaboration client atm, we will introduce a new application setting guest.anonymous.core.maxfileUploadSize which will allow you to increase this value in the portal too.  This should be available soon, and will update here when its released.

Thanks

Trevor Harris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2019 at 2:51 PM, TrevorHarris said:

we will introduce a new application setting guest.anonymous.core.maxfileUploadSize which will allow you to increase this value in the portal

I have just seen the Hornbill ESP update which includes this.  Thanks so much.  I will wait for the update to be applied then test it.  I will feedback.

Thanks again. :)

• 9 months later...
On 6/17/2019 at 1:45 PM, James Ainsworth said:

The setting for the increased file size had actually been applied well before your first post about this. It was changed to 30mb.  However, it may be that your instance needed to be restarted.  Can you try again to see if this is still happening.  If it is still happening could you let us know where you are uploading the file.  There are several places file uploads can take place and it may be something particular to that area.

@James Ainsworth @TrevorHarris

Can I just clarify the maximum is indeed 30Mb, as 30Mb in Bytes is 31,457,280‬. Where as the limit being applied is 30,000,000 bytes which is 28.61Mb ish.

Cheers

Martyn

image.thumb.png.67c32164ebd76cbec0fc6b3c83160534.png

• 1 month later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Just gatecrashing this thread - we'd like to increase our max file upload size to 30MB too but I've also got the same error as @Martyn Houghton (above). 

What do I need to do to increase this please?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth

What is the MAXIMUM size that this setting could be please?

The reason I'm asking is that we have a team who may need to receive attachments of up to 100MB in size (AutoCAD drawings and the like) and they've asked that the 30MB limit be lifted. 

These attachments would be few and far between, so I said I'd ask! 

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @James Ainsworth

Thank you for that..I'll take a look.

If I set up a OneDrive account for this, is there a way to then get the attachments added to the OneDrive folder through the PCF, or will I need to add this as part of the process in the BPM?

thanks

@Paul Alexander while on this topic, and since you mentioned you will start using attachments that can have 100mb, you instance is already exceeding 4x the allocated storage quota. Ideally additional storage should be purchased to accommodate all the content that you would need to store for your instance. As you are probably aware, we are not enforcing the quota at the moment. But looking at the 100mb file attachments you mentioned and 4x current storage quota I have to mention this.

Guest Paul Alexander

HI @Victor

Thanks for this...we were totally unaware of this so thanks for informing us (in front of everyone as well!) 

Will quotas start to be enforced any time soon? And how can we see what we're using, and whether there's anything that we can do to reduce this size please...as things will only get bigger!?

thanks