Attachment Restriction - File Size Setting

Martyn Houghton

• 2 months later...

Hi @Martyn Houghton

There isn't any setting within Service Manager for controlling file size. 

The settings that refer to knowledgebase are not currently in use. The Webdav is used for most other in-app uploads like images in a post, your profile image, etc.

Are you able to update a file of a similar size to the zip file that is not a zip file?

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Martyn Houghton

The setting changes should be applied after a browser refresh, we have identified a configuration issue in our infrastructure which may mean uploads larger than 10M may not work currently which will be fixed tonight.  Please note the maximum file upload size cannot be set greater than 20Mb

Thanks

Trevor Harris

@TrevorHarris

Though I agree 20Mb is significant size for normal operations, we are looking to upload larger files as objects in the 'Document Libraries' which can then be linked to requests/workspaces for coworkers and eventually public portal users to be able to download.

Would there be away we could look at a sftp based connection to upload larger files to our instance?

Cheers

Martyn

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

We are also getting the red upload limit error still stating the max upload size is 10MB despite us changing the value 

image.png.8aba7511fe96aa4950155f4e9c838537.pngimage.png.020ce2f02c30235a7917dd318a873ba9.png

We have cleared browser cache (all time) and restarted browsers.  Also tried in 'incognito' windows.  Happening not just on this site where we are - affecting multiple people.

Should this change take immediate effect please?

Thanks

Steve.

3 hours ago, Steven Cotterell said:

Hi there,

We are also getting the red upload limit error still stating the max upload size is 10MB despite us changing the value 

image.png.8aba7511fe96aa4950155f4e9c838537.pngimage.png.020ce2f02c30235a7917dd318a873ba9.png

We have cleared browser cache (all time) and restarted browsers.  Also tried in 'incognito' windows.  Happening not just on this site where we are - affecting multiple people.

Should this change take immediate effect please?

Thanks

Steve.

Hi @James Ainsworth, or any other Hornbill Support employee...

Could anyone shed any light on why we might be having this issue despite changing the setting?

Cheers

Steve.

Hi Steve,

There may be another setting that needs to be set by our cloud team.  I'll see if I can find out more.  I believe that this other setting sets the ceiling limit for file uploads, and the communication.maxfileUploadSize will only work within this set limit.  

13 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Thanks.  I just wanted to get an idea of the size so that our cloud team could look to set an appropriate size on your instance.  I'll chase them up.  Are you likely to have files much bigger than this?

Thanks @James Ainsworth, 20MB would be more preferable please - we quite often have to trawl through logs set at 'debug' level to diagnose issues with our customers environments.

Hi @Steven Cotterell

The setting for the increased file size had actually been applied well before your first post about this. It was changed to 30mb.  However, it may be that your instance needed to be restarted.  Can you try again to see if this is still happening.  If it is still happening could you let us know where you are uploading the file.  There are several places file uploads can take place and it may be something particular to that area.

Regards,

James

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @James Ainsworth

We have a need to upload some files (training videos) to publish to the Customer Portal that are larger than 30MB (current largest is 34MB) is this possible at all?

Also, you mention that the limit is now 30MB, however, when trying to increase the 'maxfileUploadSize' setting above 20MB, I am greeted with the following error:

image.png.c1bf7cc85bf63f7d2576894ff9faea68.png

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Andrew

• Like 1

Hi Andrew,

Putting aside the size restrictions, I wouldn't recommend uploading videos directly to Hornbill.  Hornbill doesn't provide streaming capabilities that maximize playback efficiency.  You may be better off uploading private or unlisted videos to YouTube or Vimeo.  Hornbill has integration to embed YouTube or Vimeo videos in a number of areas.

• Like 1