SJEaton

Transfer custom field data to a linked requests

Hi

How do I transfer custom fields captured in a procap for one request into a linked request so that decisions can then be based on answers to them?  Or is this not possible?

Sam

@SJEaton

I suspect this is not currently supported, but is something we would like as well, similar to our earlier post in being able to copy Connections and Attachments to new linked request as well.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @SJEaton

We do have an existing change in the backlog which relates to the post mentioned by @Martyn Houghton.  Just to confirm that this change to to transfer information over to a new request that is created from the Linked Request option.  This wouldn't apply to requests that are linked when they have already been created.

I've added you and @Paul Alexander to the change.  This is not currently scheduled but the added interest does help promote the priority.  I'll update this post if there is any news on this change.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

Hi @James Ainsworth, that should be the trick then as I am wanting to transfer the custom field information into a new linked request that is created from another request.  Hopefully the added interest will get this pushed through quicker

Sam

On 8/30/2018 at 6:53 PM, James Ainsworth said:

We do have an existing change in the backlog which relates to the post mentioned by @Martyn Houghton

I've added my interest on this post too as its definitely something HR teams will want for sure

Sam 

Hi @James Ainsworth

Ok so I'm trying to get around this now as another snag is that I am raising a linked request that I then want to generate email templates that will include custom field variables from the original request.

I have updated the request description by pulling through some custom fields into it.  Is there a way to then convert these into custom fields for this request or am I clutching at straws here?

Sam  

Hi @James Ainsworth

I'm assuming still no progress with this?  We have yet another process requirement now that would benefit from this functionality 

Best Wishes

Sam

Hi @SJEaton

Nothing at the moment.  We will continue to review the change and I'll let you know once there is some progress.

Regards,

James