Email Attachments not appearing in requests

dwalby

Hi all,

I'm sure I've posted this before but cannot seem to find it :(

I've seen a few instances where a user has e-mailed in an update to their request containing an attachment but the attachment does not appear within the request.

Is this a known issue?

2 hours ago, dwalby said:

a user has e-mailed in an update to their request containing an attachment but the attachment does not appear within the request

If the email was applied to the request automatically via routing rules then you won't see the attachments in the attachments section simply because the autoresponder operations do not process attachments. In this scenario the timeline entry that gets created on the request will have a paperclip icon on the right-hand side and the attachment can be viewed by opening the email using the "View Email" option.

2 hours ago, Victor said:

If the email was applied to the request automatically via routing rules then you won't see the attachments in the attachments section simply because the autoresponder operations do not process attachments. In this scenario the timeline entry that gets created on the request will have a paperclip icon on the right-hand side and the attachment can be viewed by opening the email using the "View Email" option.

Thanks @Victor for clarifying. If possible, could this be raised as an enhancement? To get the attachments processed by autoresponder so they appear as linked documents within the request?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @James Ainsworth,

Is there a date scheduled for this change please?

This is causing us issues since we went live as customers are emailing (and attaching) authorisation for access. While we can see the attached authorisation in the email, when the email gets deleted, the attachment will also be deleted. I understand that we can save the attachments and upload them ourselves, but this is an overhead as we get several requests like this.

Additionally, being able to reply to an email and adding an attachment, rather than going to the customer portal, saving an authorisation email, and then uploading it as an attachment, greatly enhances the overall customer experience.

Many thanks,
Alisha

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @Gemma Morrison

Not scheduled yet.  I would be interested to know more about the issues that your team are having.  To help with any change to the product, understanding what the problem is can ensure that the features being delivered are fit for purpose.  In some situations we may also be able to highlight alternative ways of working to ease the issue or sometimes remove it altogether.  

Regards,

James