Sharing Requests

Hi

I saw a post from a couple of years ago that seems to cover this.  What we envisage is an option for the customer to share their request with another customer so they can ideally view it on the portal and receive notifications when it is updated.

I'm often having to copy in various parties to keep them up-to-date with a particular request.  They are normally a group of basic users who are either experiencing the same issue.  This would be particularly handy where we've had several requests logged for the same issue, linked them and then just use one request to track progress to solution and keep everyone who reported the issue informed.

It there anything in the pipeline?

Hi @Stuart Torres-Catmur

We have this existing forum discussion which might be what you are looking for.  There is a change in our backlog for this functionality but it is not yet scheduled.  We are having to approach this carefully as our solution is used by people supporting both internal and external customers that the sharing of data might be of a concern for some of these users where their information in their request is shared without them knowing.

I will make sure that you are added to the change.

Regards,

James

• 10 months later...

Hi Stuart,

A feature for providing a view only access to a request for Connections is now available.  The view only access of a request is only available to full Collaboration Users and Basic Users.  These requests can be accessed under the My Services option within the Hornbill Client.

image.png

More information about this feature can be found here

Regards,

James