Subscribing services to sites

davidrb84

16 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @davidrb84

We have a planned change in our backlog for this.  I've added you to this change and I'll update this post once it progresses.  This change is not currently scheduled to be worked on.

Regards,

James

Hi James, forgive me, which bit is in the backlog?

Sorry, that's me overlooking your post and responding before reading it all :).  The ability to subscribe a Site to a Service is in the Backlog.

There are no plans to change how the request catalog visibility works when a service is available to everyone.  In order to change the visibility, a list of subscribers needs to be available.  

Regards,

James

On 8/22/2018 at 10:45 AM, James Ainsworth said:

Sorry, that's me overlooking your post and responding before reading it all :).  The ability to subscribe a Site to a Service is in the Backlog.

There are no plans to change how the request catalog visibility works when a service is available to everyone.  In order to change the visibility, a list of subscribers needs to be available.  

Regards,

James

To your understanding would my second part be worked around by having an organisation that ALL users were part of, that we could subscribe services to, then cut that list down for particular users. It would amount to an alternative way to subscribe a service to everyone, but would enable the CI level subscriptions.

Hi @davidrb84

That would be one possible solution.  Just to mention before you go adding all of your users to an organisation, we do have a change in our backlog that would allow the hierarchy of an organisation to be considered.  For example if you subscribe an organisation to a service it would look at all of the sub-groups under that organisation and the users belonging to those sub-groups to acquire who is subscribed to a service.  

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm pleased to let you know that we have added the option to subscribe a Site to a Service.  This will be available as of Service Manager build 1386 which is expected over the next week or two.  Once Service Manager is updated with this build or newer, the Site option will become available under the subscribers list.

Regards,

James

• 3 weeks later...