Branch on Request Type

samwoo

Hello,

I would like to request the possibility of being able to branch on the request type being logged. This would mean we could have a single PCF for a Service Request and Incident for multiple catalogs (therefore easier to maintain).

For example...

I have a Housing Service and currently I use a single PCF for both Logging Incidents and Logging Requests (the same set of questions are asked). The only thing I cannot do is ask different questions based on whether the request is an Incident or a Request.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @Victor,

This I don't think will work for users logging a call on the Portal?

The catalogs are defining which Request Type it is when a Customer logs a request, but I wanted to use a single PCF for both Incidents and Requests, then as part of the PCF I would like to branch on whether the Request Type is Incident or Service Request part-way through the form to generate a different set of questions.

Thanks,

Samuel

(But I will give this a try, though worried that this will pop up for the Analyst when they log a ticket... if they log a ticket?)

@samwoo based on the PCF principle that if a form has already been answered/completed then it will be skipped (unless set as mandatory) then you can have the Request Type form in the PCF used on the customer portal. Because the request type is known when a request is raised via the catalog item, via the portal, the Request Type form will be skipped so it won't be presented to the customer. However, this gives you the advantage of having the request type data in the PCF so you can use it in branches...

If this form is added in the catalog item PCF you should also not worry about being presented to analysts. Because the catalog item is tied to a request type, when the analyst reaches and select selects the catalog item in the Service details form, the request type should be known so, based on the above rationale, it will be skipped...

Give it a try, let me know how it works...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @Victor,

I'm not having any luck with using the Analyst Request type form via the Portal :(

For each of the fields I have tried various criteria (selectionTypeData, selectionTypeDesc, selectionTypePrefix)

CONTAINS = Incident
CONTAINS = status.Incident
CONTAINS = IN

EQUAL TO = Incident
EQUAL TO= status.Incident
EQUAL TO = IN

But no matter what I do it always go down the "No Match" branch.

I even changed the "No Match" path to CONTAINS Service Request etc (similar to above). and all I get is an error message "Progressive Capture flow is empty"

Can you advise how you got this working?

Thanks,

Samuel

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Brining up an old post - we've still been unable to branch on request type (I can remember what I did to get around this) - but as i've been looking into the Employee Portal, I would have found this extremely useful.

The idea is to have single PCF and BPM but branch based on the request type.  These are generally for more generic "Log and Incident or Make a Request" Services, which we have a lot of.

This is what I've got now - which should change the text based on the Request Type by branching to a specific Request Details when a user raises an Incident on the Employee Portal.  If they raise a Service Request, then it should go to different Request Details node.
image.png.12ddf11240d21caaf7c2c941dad4f424.png

It unfortunately directs to the "No Match" branch (which takes the form to the Service Request Request Details node, even if the request is an Incident.  I've tested this using different strings to search for, and the different fields, but no results.

I can't even reference the outputs of these fields within a Custom Form as well to see what values they return.

Can someone have a look at this please?

Thanks,

Samuel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...