Outbound Emails Failing

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Morning

All of our outbound emails are failing to send. I DON'T think it's a Hornbill problem, however I thought I'd ask anyway...is anyone else having this problem (we use O365 for email)?

image.png.cda6b157d4068371f0ee90348d60015a.png

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Victor

Yes, that's been checked and there is an include_spf.hornbill.com  line in our record.

It looks like the problem started yesterday morning around 11am. 

@Paul Alexander

one of our clever people internally also pointed out there are multiple SPF records which are not something we support because it is not compliant with the SPF standard, this is showing up as an error or the mxtoolbox report also, multiple SPF records is not allowed according to the SPF rules.  If your mail was working previously and now it is not I expect this has recently changed. 

Gerry

Guest Paul Alexander

@Gerry

It turns out that our DNS domain name provider was taken over by someone else, and this has caused the problem (and is why there are 2 SPF records showing...)

It's being sorted out now though, so, once again, thanks for your help. I KNEW it wasn't a Hornbill problem ;)

@Paul Alexander

Thanks for the update, glad it is all sorted. 

Yes, email tends to be one of those things that are difficult to track problems, it's always easy to look at the thing that's not working as the problem.  This is why our logging for outbound email delivery is done this way, we implement all of the protocols to the greatest possible extent ourselves so we can so that we can be very precise about any errors we encounter, email delivery is one of those areas we have focused on which really helps when problems do arise. 

Gerry