Controlling supporting teams at Catalogue level

Claire Holtham

Afternoon, The new functionality to control subscribers at catalogue level, is great - BUT Are there any plans afoot to do the same for Supporting teams?

We have a requirement for some catalogue items to be visible to some supporting teams, but should be restricted to other supporting teams - within a single service.

We have temporarily solved this by setting up two services for a single application - but this is confusing for the end users when they use the self-service portal. (Another option that I looked at was using the bpm after the ticket is logged to redirect to another Service, but I don't think that's possible)

Cheers,

Claire

10 minutes ago, Claire Holtham said:

some catalogue items to be visible to some supporting teams, but should be restricted to other supporting teams - within a single service

@Claire Holtham perhaps I am missing something here, but any reason why having "some" teams subscribed to the service and "other" teams supporting it? This way, the "some" teams would have visibility on requests for that service without actually supporting the service...

@Victor if this is anything like my Finance team.....

Three separate teams within Finance, Main admin, App support 1 and App support 2. 

All three teams support the CIs within the Finance service. However we have one CI which only Main admin should be able to log and work on requests. 

I can add Main admin into the subscribers list but still the other 2 teams can 'support' these requests. Couple that with the fact that we still don't have a way of sorting subscribers per service if we add a subscriber group but need it to be everyone for other CIs. (poorly explained, basically the Main admin CI should only be accessible to Main admin. All other CIs should have everyone as a subscriber. If I add a subscriber group to the list then it automatically removes the ability to add everyone to the other CIs and becomes subscriber groups in the list or no one.) and it makes it impossible to do anything but make another service for what is essentially another Finance CI. 

It is not a nice way of doing things and looks cluttered and messy from the Finance teams point of view. I get asked at least a couple of times a week why there are two services for the same things.