Question about Email - HTML/Plain Text

Jeremy

We have have been asked a question internally, wondered if you have any thoughts:

When we send emails it comprises an HTML part and a text part but the later is blank.

Ideally, the text/plain part of the email should contain the text within the HTML part, but if that isn't possible it shouldn't send a text/plain part at all. 

This might be an accessibility issue as mail clients for the partially sighted may prefer the text/plain part as it may be easier to "read" aloud.

Any information would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

@Jeremy

I can see what you mean in terms of the mail format/standard and if the content markers are there but no content, a mail reader would indeed have a problem.

I notice you logged it under Service Manager, so is it just emails sent from Service Manager, or from any application and directly from the shared mailbox?

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton @Jeremy -  afaik email sent from Hornbill (which includes SM) comply with RFC5322/2822 and with MIME RFC documents. I am no expert here though... If I may ask, who asked this and based on what?

On 8/13/2018 at 8:33 AM, Jeremy said:

When we send emails it comprises an HTML part and a text part but the later is blank.