Lauren

Hi,

We're currently building our Service Manager instance for our IT department. We already have our Facilities department live - this tool will eventually be used by several departments.

Our Facilities department do not use closure categories - I today found that when adding IT's closure categories, it stopped our Facilities team from being able to resolve requests.

Is there a way round this at all, or has this issue been experienced by other Service Manager users?

Thanks

Lauren

3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Hi,

We're currently building our Service Manager instance for our IT department. We already have our Facilities department live - this tool will eventually be used by several departments.

Our Facilities department do not use closure categories - I today found that when adding IT's closure categories, it stopped our Facilities team from being able to resolve requests.

Is there a way round this at all, or has this issue been experienced by other Service Manager users?

Thanks

Lauren

@lokent @Alisha @BobbyB @Gemma Morrison

@Lauren we have a suspend and wait for Request Closure Category node which you could put into your business process which would then be specific to the teams/services that need it and optional for the ones that don't. You could even gate it with a task to remind users what they need to do:

image.png

• 2 months later...

Hi all -

Hoping I can restart this conversation.

Has there been a change in the way closure categories can be automatically applied? We have been asked to have closure categories assigned to our Service - Facilities, as another Service, IT, went live today which requires mandatory closure categories (leftover from working practices in SupportWorks).

We initially trialled this on 2 of our business processes over the last two months, and the closure category was automatically being set once the Resolve button was hit. However, since the new Service have come online, this auto assignment has stopped and we are now having to choose a closure category each time we resolve a job, even though we only have 1 for our Service.

These are the current categories we have within Facilities:

image.png.c0f1888e4216c73a3568683a9bdc254b.png

This is the current build we are in Facilities. We have been using this for around 2months and it has worked perfectly, and now an error icon has appeared!

image.thumb.png.7cb7b613cb88ee3724303c22b8c5015f.png

image.png.159ea8b389ce0c1767d4efa9ba0fdec6.png

cc: @Gemma Morrison @stepghg @Lauren

Update:

It has since come to our attention that we require a difference closure category for a few teams, and so is there a way of setting the closure category automatically depending on the team it is assigned to at point of resolution?

3 hours ago, lokent said:

We have been using this for around 2months and it has worked perfectly, and now an error icon has appeared!

If you hover over the error/warning icon, it should show you a message describing the error. What does the message say?

37 minutes ago, lokent said:

is there a way of setting the closure category automatically depending on the team it is assigned to at point of resolution?

Only by designing the process to branch based on the team and then in each branch set the desired category...

@lokent - I think the message displayed is this one, right?

image.png

I this is correct then the quick fix is to delete and recreate the node. Before you do this though, please download the process definition file (PM it to me) so I can as dev team to review it. Then you can recreate the node to fix the issue.