Reopening calls - A better way?

chriscorcoran

Hi,

We when reopen a call its seems to leave it in a resolved state so any automatic timers will close the call again if its not dealt with. It also doesnt allow you to resolve it unless you edit the resolution and manually send it back to the servicedesk for closing off. I just wondered what other people do in their business processes around call reopening. Looking for ideas really.

Thanks

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @chriscorcoran 

Sorry i am a little confused.

The timers are not not really directly tied to the status changes on a request, they can be set as and when you require in your business process.  So for example, you may choose to leave a resolution timer running whilst in a resolved state, and only stop it once it is closed (either through an auto-closure if the customer does not respond, or if the customer accepts the resolution, or if the agent manually changes the status to closed) - of course this is only an idea. 

Another option is using the sub-status options and putting the request into an on-hold sub status when you resolve the request, and depending if the customer accepts the resolution or not, you could then automatically put the request back into an active sub-status and continue the SL Timer or if the request is closed, then mark the resolution timer

Are you using a loop for a two stage closure?

In this example below i do mark the fix timer on initial resolution, so would not restart it but you could as mentioned above instead put the request in an inactive sub status at resolution and then do something like below, which caters for:

1. A customer accepting your resolution

2. A customer not accepting the resolution and the request re-opening with the options to review their issues and propose a new resolution (you could add a node to set the status to an active sub-status in this path, to continue the SL timer

3. If the customer does not reply the request will auto close after a defined period (you could mark the fix timer after the Auto Close (change status) node in this example.

* Note in this example, the 2 Stage Closure node is a Suspend await Status Change node. The outcomes are things like status = Status.Open or status = Status.Closed, where these are auto chooses the accept or re-open options via the portal, but also caters for an agent manually setting the status to open on a request

image.png

Once closed, the customer can't via the portal re-open the request, but an agent can from the request itself - but the SL timers would not be re-started as the request was closed. 

Lots of info but i hope this helps 

Steve