On hold request search not working

chrisnutt

Hi,

Our change manager has identified that the global search is not finding requests that are on hold. Even if the status is explicitly set to search for on hold requests. See screenshots. To be clear, normally all of the options are set to "Any..." but for the purposes of troubleshooting I set the search for status to "On hold". Neither work.

This is causing us a few problems!

Chris

onhold_requestlist.PNG

onhold_search.PNG

Hi @chrisnutt

Can't say for sure, but my initial thought would be that its an issue with the search index itself... have you re-indexed it recently?  If not then it might be worth trying that for the hornbillitsm indexes as detailed here https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Index_Storage

Further changes have been made around global searching in the most recent update of service manager, so it may be worth updating the latest build and then perform a re-index.

Regards,

Dave.

We are having issues with searching calls from the requests page, cannot search on the ref number but can on a customer name. 

After searching using the customer name we can then search using the call ref.  I have a support call logged for this as it is causing problems for the service desk.

thanks Helen

On 8/9/2018 at 5:27 PM, David Hall said:

Hi @chrisnutt

Can't say for sure, but my initial thought would be that its an issue with the search index itself... have you re-indexed it recently?  If not then it might be worth trying that for the hornbillitsm indexes as detailed here https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Index_Storage

Further changes have been made around global searching in the most recent update of service manager, so it may be worth updating the latest build and then perform a re-index.

Regards,

Dave.

@David Hall, that worked for us.

Thanks

• Like 1