Email "Sent Items" errors/warning new icon

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Morning

On all of our mailboxes, there is an exclamation mark on the Sent Items folder. Any idea why this is please? Or where I can find more information? Emails ARE being sent and received successfully though

image.png.3056c69e168820d761b3248b2e458d20.png

thanks

Paul

@Paul Alexander

The Server will mark any email where one or more recipients failed to receive the email as unread, this indicator is shown with the red error against the Sent Items folder, it currently is also possible to manually mark an email is unread which will also add to this counter, if you check the unread items in the folder you can find out if there were any errors for any of the recipients with the colour of the envelope next to each recipient any with a red folder encountered an error.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @TrevorKillick

thanks for that......is this a 'new' thing? I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it before! As it is it looks like it's nothing to worry about, so I'll leave it for now as there are hundreds of items which were used as test emails and which are showing as 'errors' and, to be honest, I can't be bothered going through and dealing with them! 

thanks

6 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

is this a 'new' thing? I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it before!

Correct. Before, if an email failed to be delivered, it woudl have been moved to Sent Items marked as unread. However this wasn't a clear indication that something was wrong with that email so we made this more visible...

Hello,

I opened up Hornbill mailbox and saw this, it was really odd and I can't seem to find the error or anything information to highlight it: image.png.7e367c883eeb0b3d8ac01e928cd07a98.png

It also applied to IMT Service Desk above too but only contained 3 compare to this mailbox. Can anyone elaborate this?

Thanks,

Aaron :)

• Victor changed the title to Email "Sent Items" errors/warning new icon
Guest Paul Alexander

Is there an easy way to resend all of the 'failed' emails once we've sorted the problem out please?

I'm sure this must have been asked already, but I can't find it! 

thanks