Chat - what are peoples thoughts?

Darren Rose

• 2 weeks later...

@Darren Rose @Victor - I may not be a good advocate for this as we are reviewing Live Chat licencing at the moment as it has had little usage unfortunately. Happy to provide my thoughts anyway.

We use Skype for Business as our unified communication tool which is available to all users and as such customers/users tend to use that by default if they want to Instant Message the Service Desk team. I guess this is because it achieves what it sets out to do; instant/live messaging. Where as the customer/user would need to go to the Hornbill self-service portal first in order to use the Live Chat app. Selling the benefits of using the Live Chat app is a difficult one when considering how easy it is to use the already in place Skype for Business application which runs on startup and is used organisation-wide.

There are a few problems with using Skype for Business of course, e.g. the detail isn't automatically integrated with Hornbill but we do not handle them any differently to say a phone call.

Hi all,

Currently, livechat is not something we are live with due to limited licences approved and two departments wishing to use the functionality. As far as I am aware, there is not currently the option to have two different teams live on the livechat portal at the same time and to direct specific types of chat to the correct department.

However, when testing the livechat we found the basic functions of it to be really useful and simple to use. The test customers found it simple to use, and the fact you can load a job directly from the chat is a bonus.

I would consider getting a few licences to test it with a small audience before committing, but there is definitely some goodness in the module to look into!

• 1 year later...
On 8/28/2018 at 2:19 PM, lokent said:

Hi all,

Currently, livechat is not something we are live with due to limited licences approved and two departments wishing to use the functionality. As far as I am aware, there is not currently the option to have two different teams live on the livechat portal at the same time and to direct specific types of chat to the correct department.

However, when testing the livechat we found the basic functions of it to be really useful and simple to use. The test customers found it simple to use, and the fact you can load a job directly from the chat is a bonus.

I would consider getting a few licences to test it with a small audience before committing, but there is definitely some goodness in the module to look into!

@Victor @Bob Dickinson

Hello both,

I'm back from mat leave and catching up on all things Service Manager.

Has there been any movement on having two+ separate teams on Live Chat since the conference? It's something we're still keen to use, but at the moment are limited in our use of it due to not being able to separate out the teams.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi @lokent

Welcome back!

Unfortunately there hasn't been a great deal of progress with this particular requirement in your absence. At the moment, the focus is rolling out the new Employee Portal (which will replace the existing Service Portal). Once this is with everyone, a review of all of the Live Chat functionality is anticipated to follow, to understand how best to deliver the features such as this one - that we appreciate are highly desired by a number of customers. As part of this, the Live Chat App as a whole will be reviewed so we can look to take advantage of the benefits that the new portal will provide us with (with the segregation of domains). 

I'm sorry that this isn't what you may have been hoping for, but we will be ensure to keep you up to date with any developments in this area.

Kind Regards

Bob

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...