Showing Additional Customer Information

Jeremy

+1 for this feature

We have a lot of field workers who don't have landline numbers. When viewing the customer drop down in a service request it doesn't give the option of showing a mobile number. 

This would be extremely useful for when a technician needs to contact the user if their landline and the mobile number could be displayed here.

• 1 month later...

@Jeremy @Lightsource @Darren Rose @BobbyB @samwoo @Jeremy @Martyn Houghton in the Service Manager update today it is now possible to change the displayed customer attributes in the customer section on a request

These are global settings and available via admin console > Service Manager > Configuration

You can set different attributes if the customer of the request is a user or a contact

image.png

Steve

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 10:00 AM, Steven Boardman said:

@Jeremy @Lightsource @Darren Rose @BobbyB @samwoo @Jeremy @Martyn Houghton in the Service Manager update today it is now possible to change the displayed customer attributes in the customer section on a request

These are global settings and available via admin console > Service Manager > Configuration

You can set different attributes if the customer of the request is a user or a contact

image.png

Steve

Hi Steve,

We have Mobile "ticked" yet the mobile phone number (synced from AD) still does not display in the customer section of the ticket?

Hi @Lightsource

It is possible that there are some security reasons behind the mobile field not showing.  A user's profile is broken down into sections which determine the accessibility of the information.  The top two sections titled Basic Details  and Job Details  have public visibility and these fields will be always available in the Customer Section of a request.  In my screen shot you will see that the Work Mobile is listed in the Contact Details section.  Access to this is controlled through the Followers option where each individual user can control who can see this information.  In this case only the people that follow this user will see the Work Mobile field in the Customer section of a request.  

An Admin with the role to design forms has the ability to design this form and move any of the fields from one section to another.  If the mobile phone fields are listed in the Contact Details section but your business wants this to always be available to everyone then I would recommend moving this field to the Basic Details section.  These changes using the Form Designer will be applied to all users.  

image.png

Regards,

James

13 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @Lightsource

It is possible that there are some security reasons behind the mobile field not showing.  A user's profile is broken down into sections which determine the accessibility of the information.  The top two sections titled Basic Details  and Job Details  have public visibility and these fields will be always available in the Customer Section of a request.  In my screen shot you will see that the Work Mobile is listed in the Contact Details section.  Access to this is controlled through the Followers option where each individual user can control who can see this information.  In this case only the people that follow this user will see the Work Mobile field in the Customer section of a request.  

An Admin with the role to design forms has the ability to design this form and move any of the fields from one section to another.  If the mobile phone fields are listed in the Contact Details section but your business wants this to always be available to everyone then I would recommend moving this field to the Basic Details section.  These changes using the Form Designer will be applied to all users.  

image.png

Regards,

James

Hi James,

our users are all synced into hornbill from our active directory, I can't find anything that looks like your screenshot in our service manager? can you help me with a step by step to access it?

@Lightsource if you are in the user app as yourself (Agent view), if you open the menu and go Home > My Profile you will see the menu shown above

image.png

If you have the rights i.e your an admin with withe form design role, you'll see the design option, and in design mode you can drag and drop the mobile in to the top sections as James suggests - just remember to save / apply the change and this will then apply to all users. 

Steve

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steven Boardman said:

@Lightsource if you are in the user app as yourself (Agent view), if you open the menu and go Home > My Profile you will see the menu shown above

image.png

If you have the rights i.e your an admin with withe form design role, you'll see the design option, and in design mode you can drag and drop the mobile in to the top sections as James suggests - just remember to save / apply the change and this will then apply to all users. 

Steve

Perfect, that has worked, thank you :)