Email routing rule failing

Dan Munns

Hi all, 

I am sure this is just something I am doing wrong but I can't seem to get this routing rule working: toAddress = 'phishing@domain.co.uk'

I have tried with and without the quotes, with double quotes, adding wildcards etc. 

The address is correct but all mail items go to the Inbox rather than the 'Logged' folder and as such do not log requests via the routing rule template I have set up. 

I have also tried mailbox = 'Phishing mailbox' with no joy.

Any help please? 

21 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

The address is correct but all mail items go to the Inbox rather than the 'Logged' folder

@Dan Munns your test email is actually being picked up by another routing rule which is set to sent the email to the autoresponder. The autoresponder fails to process the email and then it lands in Inbox...

1 hour ago, Dan Munns said:

and as such do not log requests via the routing rule template I have set up

Right... I completely missed this line arghhh !! ... I thought you only want the email to be moved to a folder not that it is also processed by AR :( 

The reason why it fails is quite simple then... the email "from Address" (which I assume it was your address in tests) is not unique... i.e. more than one user in the system has this email address...

54 minutes ago, Victor said:

the email "from Address"

@Dan Munns - I am talking about the sender... phishing@ is the recipient...  when request is supposed to be raised from an email, the "from Address" (the sender) will be the customer on the request... if there is one or more users or contacts in the system having the "from Address" then Service Manager won't know which one to put as the customer and the raise request action will fail...