Auto Assigning of Requests

Jeremy

We have set up a process where analysts can log and assign jobs to themselves at the point of logging a job.

We are finding that if the analyst is in more than 1 team it assigns the request to the first team they are associated with normally this is the first team alphabetically is there a way of changing this priority?

@Dan Munns What happens if the user is not in that team?

For example, if we use the log and resolve and we say the team is Service Desk if that user is not in the Service Desk group will it be assigned to them or will it just put the job into one of their other teams?

I have a feeling that it would either fail or assign to the team specified (more than likely fail though)

I am sure you could do some clever logic with get owner details and decision nodes before the assign to request owner.

@Victor would probably be the best man for that. :) 

Sorry @P. Nordqvist it must be Friday as I didn't the request properly!

We have a tick box at the end of logging a request (custom form in the PCF) then if you choose this it asks for you to type your resolution text (if necessary in your case) then in the BPM we get the PCF answers and if log and resolve was chosen then we update the resolution text and email the customer, whilst setting the status to Resolved/Closed.

@Jeremy - currently there is no functionality that woudl allow you to configure which team will be preferred for automatic assignment in case the user belongs to more than one team... as Dan suggested, we could look at building something but some configuration would require hardcoding team and user names... which means more admin maintenance for the process...

• 2 weeks later...

Would it not be possible to define the team assigned based on the CI? 

So if the CI is a change type then set the assign to request creator node to Team: Change Team. If it is an incident then set team to Service Desk? 

This is what I do when I need to assign to request creator.