Service Manager - Desktop Notifications

Martyn Houghton

I a bid to try stave off having to have emails sent to analysts when requests are assigned to a team or an individual analyst, I thought it would be just a matter of getting them to use 'Desktop Notifications', to get the analyst attention as they would not be working 100% in the user app, but have logged at the beginning of the day.

Then when I went to my profile and the mortification tab, I realised that the notification along with Desktop notification option only appears to relate to 'Collaboration' objects and events and not Service Manage ones.

image.png.1a734e8f316ef9124055174c4aee66af.png

Is it correct that Service Manager events/actions will not generate Desktop Notifications, or is it just the control form them is not present on this form?

Cheers

Martyn

I was looking for team and individual assignment desktop notifications for requests.

So sounds like it does do it , but it the notification because the workflow has assigned the activity to team/analyst or is it a true notification that you have been assigned the request even if there is no activity?

From the settings under Profile Notifications I presume the notification is falling under Activity Streams and Timeline, where I was expecting a Service Manager section like there is for Document Manager.

Cheers

Martyn

The desktop notifications in Chrome are presented at the following times only: 

• BPM creates task and assigns to a team I am a member of or directly to me
  • Another user assigns a request to me and @Dan Munns me in the notes
  • Another user @Dan Munns me in the timeline

Hornbill notifications (within the app only) are presented at the following times (although this is configurable):

• When a call is assigned to me
  • When a task is assigned to me
  • When I document I own is updated

@Dan Munns

Thanks for the detailed reply, which is what I suspected myself.

@James Ainsworth, @Steven Boardman

Are there any plans to extend desktop notifications for Service Manager actions/events, in particular request assignment to the individual or team, as there only seems to be partial coverage mainly relying on mentions or BPM.

Also, from Dan's point adding the option to the current 'Document Manager' section to include owned document update?

Cheers

Martyn