Lock access to shared mailbox but still email from call

@AndyHodkinsonPrincesIT

We have set up different roles in our instance to control the permissions for our 2nd Tier teams so they can send emails ,but do not manage the mailbox, which is done by our 1st Tier team.

If you start out with limited permissions as below for your IT Analysts to see if this works for you, or if you require some more finer control over the mailbox permissions.

image.png.9da73a914445b0920edaaedf3b02f9d8.png

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1

Just to confirm! I did exactly as Martyn describes above. I created a new role called Mail_Send and assign this to every analyst. This is essential for us due to the way in which updates do not notify the customer. As a result we have to carry out all our request updates via email ( which by the way is crazy in my opinion ). 

My settings are similar to Martyns.

image.thumb.png.0dc75987ae18eb5b7a59e87400e71d24.png

• 2 weeks later...

We would like our analysts to be able to 'view' emails that are sent as part of a request, but we have found that to enable this they also get access to the email inbox functionality. Could a box be added to tick to allow people to view emails but not to have access to the inbox and all the other associated privileges?

12 minutes ago, Keith said:

I am open to be shot down but our guys are definitely able to view an email from the timeline using the "View email" option from the extended options of the post, and this does not give them access to the mailbox. 

Ok, everyone stand down, I said stand down.... !!! He's one of us!! :P :D 

• Like 1