Create a Request from a Project Task

Nikolaj

Hello Support,

Is it possible to create a service or change request from an project task? 

this request should be linked to the project task. when the user update the request the project task should be also updated. 

That would be a nice feature i think.

best Regards

Nikolaj

I second this request!  We would also like this option.  We track time on our tasks, so it would be important that the time also be available to be tracked on these tasks. 

Most, if not all, IT teams that I've worked with do both break/fix requests as well as projects so being able to track our tickets, Projects, tasks and time in one application would be the ultimate for my engineers,  technicians, and management.  

It would also be great to be able to report on all of these with advanced analytics and reports.

Cheers,

Patrick

• Like 1

@Patrick Walker thanks for your post. 

You'll be pleased to know that we have big plans around time recording in Hornbill in general. Hopefully you'll start to see some of this functionality introduced in Project Manager very soon. We also have the concept of 'in-app' reporting which is currently in active development. This will work very similarly to how it does in Service Manager. More information can be found in this thread: 

Alex

That's great to know!!  It's a big challenge for us.  The other thing that I hope will change with that is the way Advanced Analytics works.  We do all of our Dashboards under the Service Manager Advanced Analytics and there is way to create a widget with other modules data.  I get the error below when trying to pull in data from Timesheets or Projects

image.png.f40077cc33c11076b6fc060645024de5.png

• 10 months later...
On 8/2/2018 at 11:16 AM, Nikolaj said:

Hello Support,

Is it possible to create a service or change request from an project task? 

this request should be linked to the project task. when the user update the request the project task should be also updated. 

That would be a nice feature i think.

best Regards

Nikolaj

Hello @AlexTumber any plans for this in the Future?

thanks

Nikolaj