Collaboration user getting insufficient privilege error

ShalilK

@ShalilK - so I have investigated this in my test instance and found the issue. I also came up with a workaround for it which I will implement in your instance. Will let you know when done.

This scenario has been fixed in the next SM build, as part of a change to have system actions use a different rights system.

Just now, ShalilK said:

I still need to add the one minute delay/suspension in all our BPM's?

@ShalilK do all your BP have this scenario where a task is completed by a Collaboration user followed by the process automatically doing something? If yes, then let me know what the processes are and I'll implement the suspend...

Victor, yes all BPs have the same steps implemented.  Thanks for the offer for doing this.  Don't worry, I will get all done this afternoon.  The others do not have as many options as the Facilities BP.  Once again, thanks for sorting this out.  

Morning Victor, issue has cropped up again.  The suspend is not happening.  The BP FAC Facilities Service Request (Victor) is working fine in the 'Sandbox Service'  Portfolio where I tested your initial fix.  However after making the BP live in the 'Facilities Management Service'  Portfolio,  I get the following error;

image.png.2a1125e57c00a7230aad0a4d72f9627e.png

I amended the rest of our Live BP's and tried a couple in the Live area and get the same issue.  Can this please be investigated?

I will configure a couple of the BPs that I amended in the 'Sandbox Service' Portfolio to further clarify if the issue is specific to the other portfolios. 

Victor,  I can confirm after testing a couple of the other BPs in the Sandbox Service portfolio the issue lies with the other Service Portfolios - the BPs worked in the Sandbox Service portfolio, whereas they failed when tested in their original portfolio. 

One more thing: I have added the 1 min delay in the two stage closure in Review and Close (see below). I reopened a call and re-resolved it to test the 1 min delay here.  I managed to generate the error, even though the request is in the Sandbox Service.   Service request: SR00003900 

image.png.beb67264046c96dab285759aa9365e90.png

@ShalilK - on SR00003900 the issue occured because the "Wait for 1 min" did not actually happened, meaning the process did not actually suspend... because it did not suspend, it continued against the same user context (the collaboration users) meaning the "Update to Resolved" node did not work.

Can you please try one of the following suggestions for the "Wait for 1 min" node:

A. Change the value for "From Status" parameter to Ignore and try another test

image.png

B. Change the value for "From Status" parameter to Manual and set it to "Open" and try another test

image.png

NOTE: Changes to the "Wait for 1 min" node are suggested only for the "Review and Close" stage, the ones we set previously in "Resolution" stage work fine...

@ShalilK - I think the issue with other services (other than Sandbox) is around subscriptions... in the Sandbox service, you have the Collaboration user subscribed to the service directly, while on production services you don't... I mean you don't have the user subscribed specifically...

I need to run this scenario in my test instance top see what is happening, I'll get back to you asap.

@ShalilK - I found why you experience the issue in your production services... So the worklaround will work only if the collaboration user completing the task is also a member of (one of or more) the teams supporting the service... any chance you can make this happen? Alternatively I would need to look into implementing other workaround...

Victor, it is not a problem making the collaboration user as a member of a supporting team.  I just tested this and the request is being left open now, one or more minutes after the task has been completed. This is now happening in the production services as well as the Sandbox.  

I no longer get the BPM invocation error as soon as the task is completed.  Has your workaround for the one minute suspension been undone?