Collaboration user getting insufficient privilege error

ShalilK

Hello,

Service analyst set up as a collaboration user is suddenly getting an insufficient privilege error;  

image.png.ea68798299d7530307df976c5d71f37c.png

User profile;

image.png.9040fca24a4e386f460d8860a5cd3816.png

image.png.eef0c1caa10991f97b92539854c027d6.png

No changes to the user profile has been made.  Can this please be investigated?

Thank you.

image.png

Hi, in reply to P.Nordqvist's issue Hornbill have suggested a fix will be available in the next Service Manager update.  We require the fix now as it is affecting all of our collaboration users.  They are unable to resolve their tasks and, therefore, the issue is having a serious impact on the SLAs associated with the service request.  

@ShalilK the fix suggested in @P. Nordqvist post refers to an issue whereby a collaboration user (which means a use having only Collaboration Role) is unable to work on a task/activity. I wanted to confirm, in your scenario, do the (affected) users attempt to open the task itself of the request - via the link to the request visible in task details? This is a very important detail actually and I would really like to clarify this...

Victor, the collaboration users only see the tasks assigned to them (as per the attached screen shot) in Service Manager.  Yes, they click on the 'Task to Resolve Call' link to open the task.  I believe that is when they get the privilege error.  Let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks  

@ShalilK in the screenshot you posted above, the error occurs when invoking smGetReqDetails2 API

image.png

This is a Service Manager API. This API is invoked, from within a task, only if the user attempts to access/open the request (via the link presented in the task) rather than the task: 

image.png

This is why I sought clarification on what exactly are the user's actions. Hornbill will prevent access to a request made by a Collaboration only user. The reason why your Collaboration only users could possibly do this in the past was because there were granted access to that request via Self Service User role which was incorrect and should not have happened hence was fixed as the Self Service User should have not grant access to requests for Collaboration users.

I would be interested to see what happens when the user attempts to open the task , rather that the request:

image.png

Victor, just wanted to check with you that the issue we had whereby the parent request of task did not get resolved when the task was resolved by the collaboration user (which you applied a fix) won't be reintroduced by applying the SM update?  Thanks  

@ShalilK thanks... I have checked the build details (the next update) and I will have to say the issue you raised on June 7th has not been catered for just yet. So I will have to reapply the workaround after you update. If we can keep each other posted about this I can do it right after you perform the update.

Latest build is indeed 1273 but this is not the build with the fix... The build with the fix is almost ready for deployment, it was scheduled for yesterday but there was a last minute issue that needed to be sorted so it was postponed, probably will be deployed later today...

Victor, I have updated the SM and the collaboration user is now able to complete assigned tasks.  You will need to re-apply the  'BP not progressing when completing tasks' fix as the parent request now no longer gets completed.  FYI, the error generated on the parent request is 

image.png

@ShalilK - I have reapplied the original fix to allow self service user to resolve requests (discussed in https://community.hornbill.com/topic/13068-request-bp-does-not-progress-when-completing-tasks-following-latest-update/) but the error you posted above is something different (it occurs when the process attempts to update request closure category).

For a bit of a background, business process action happen in the context of a user... if a process action happens as a result of a user doing a manual action (e.g. a user completes a task which resumes the process and the next node in the process is to update request closure category) then the process action (e.g. update the request category) will be performed in the context of the user that performed the manual action... because that user, in this example, is a collaboration user, the process action (e.g. update the request category) fails. I need to discuss this with our dev team.

I do have a workaround though... which requires a small change in the process. What I have in mind is once the task is completed by the user, to have the process suspend and wait for 1 minute then resume. Once the process resumes, because there was no user action that resumed the process, it will execute the next action(s) in the context of the System Business Process Manager user (a system user). This user has all the necessary rights to perform the actions. Shall I make a copy of your current process (FAC Facilities Service Request V3) where I implement these changes then you can test them and see how they work for you?

Victor, I thought the error we are getting was the same for which you applied the fix previously ( I may be wrong as I don't have the screen shots from back then to compare).  The process is for the parent request to be resolved automatically once the task gets resolved by the collaboration user,  who has roles Collaboration Role and Self Service User  assigned. 

Anyway, please implement your workaround as mentioned above if you feel this will resolve the issue.  I will then test.  Thanks  

@ShalilK looks like the same error but it is actually different... 

I have implemented the workaround in a new process (called "FAC Facilities Service Request V3 (Victor)"). Just to confirm the workaround involves a process wait/suspend for 1 minute between the user completing the task and the process setting the closure category and resolving the request. Please give it a try and let me know how it works (I really hope it does as it took me a bit to implement it... so grateful for copy/paste functionality)

Victor,  still get the same error.  There was no delay between the task being completed and the error coming up on the parent request.  It appears as though the process did not get to the 1 minute suspension.