Services Portfolio Disappeared

SJEaton

Hi

The Services Portfolio seems to have disappeared from our service manager menu this morning.  We may also have a few other tiles missing (although not sure which ones).  Any ideas if something has happened to our istance to cause this?

Sam 

Capture.PNG

@SJEaton

One of the recent changes from the platform removed the automatic assignment of all application rights to any user with a Super User role, this is what has happened here you need to assign your self the relevant Service Manager roles, I will get someone from the development team to advise on the exact role for this. 

This should not affect any other user than those who had the Super User role assigned. 

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

We have had this issue on a few administrators, can changes like this be notified so we can be prepared to adjust please? As far as I could see I can't see any notice about this change and have for the last hour tried to work out what was wrong, even though i agree in principle with the change.

@Stuart Torres-Catmur @RyanMesser

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and lack of communication regarding the impact of this change, to clarify the issues with super users logging in and now super users losing full access to all applications stems from us tightening our restrictions around licencing and we clearly hadn't anticipated the level of impact this would lead to for our customers.

I will raise the concern regarding lack of communication up the flagpole.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick 

@Stuart Torres-Catmur

Not at all the pricing model is completely unchanged, Super User Role would give you access to any application including licenced applications without the direct need for a licence providing a back door of sorts to bypass our subscription model. The changed prevent this from being abused in the future by removing access to applications being automatically assigned to the Super User Role, the effect of which for any user that had this role was visibility of some applications would be restricted as the correct roles were never needed to be given as Super User Role gave them full access to everything. 

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick