New Activity View

Daniel Dekel

@Miro I have since recreated the form, however the variables are added like this: 

&[functions.getTaskAnswers("task-a1db2e78-6c8e-4b6e-7350-7063bc4dd29d").Write_off_S]&[functions.getTaskAnswers("task-a1db2e78-6c8e-4b6e-7350-7063bc4dd29d").Write_Off_F]&[functions.getTaskAnswers("task-a1db2e78-6c8e-4b6e-7350-7063bc4dd29d").Write_off_I]

Just the 3 variables from the 3 different outcomes captures (write off value in this case, the trailing letter denoting the outcome). These are output to a custom field which is then shown in the details pane. 

7 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

@Daniel Dekel is there a reason why authorisation owners can no longer edit the task? If a person is on annual leave / off sick etc then we need to be able to reassign the authorisation.

@Dan Munns, we will implement a delegation feature for tasks. But, till that is done, we will allow reassigning the task to someone else in the case of Approvals.

Hello all,

We pushed a new build with updates to the new Activity View.

This includes:

1. Reason Field added by default - It will be possible to remove it with a new option that will be added to the Admin Tool soon.

2. BPM Approvals - Is now possible to reassign

3. Defects fixes

Thanks,

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel is it possible to add custom fields like for example "username" and "email" as an additional field under reason in which the analyst can add details of the new hired person AD account and email for example:

image.png.723658c9eb4888efd3dcc0a3c83a1f9e.png

the idea is to have this 2 additional custom field to provide the information to the customer via BPM simply adding the info into the tasks.

thank you

@Giuseppe Iannacone, I'm glad  you like it. The version you are using now is quite stable and I doubt we will make big changes other than improvements.

I suggest you first check if you have everything you need, if all the fields and outcomes have the features you need.

This will probably be the version that will be replacing the current activities.

Daniel.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:22 AM, Daniel Dekel said:

Yes you can @Giuseppe Iannacone. Is the same configuration as in the Progressive Capture's custom form.

image.png

Hi @Daniel Dekel what's the difference between the functionality of 'Manage Checklist' and the use of Checkboxes within custom fields? I wondered if the use of mandatory custom fields in conjunction with Checkbox field types could essentially achieve the same functionality being asked in the topic below? I could be misunderstanding how custom fields could be used and admittedly haven't actually tried them out yet. 

Hi @dwalby,

Practically yes, you cold achieve a similar result. But there are a few differences.

Checklist in the task:

• Gives you a visual representation on the tasks list that leads to 100% completed.
  • You can check gradually without completing the task
  • You can also see the state of completion in the Board Manager App if you use it.

Custom Fields Checklist:

• Can only be checked once the task has to be completed
  • Value of the list can be used within the BPM flow
  • Is still experimental although quite stable

Hope this helps,

Daniel

@Giuseppe Iannacone, this was done in purpose, but only with Tasks created by the BPM. Manual Tasks are still allowing Follow Up. Let me know if is a problem for you and if it is, can you please give me an example of why?

@Martyn Houghton sorry but I don't understand about the "visibility". In what area are you talking about?

Thanks,

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel

In the BPM, when you create an activity, you are not able to specify a timeline visibility of the outcome when the activity is completed. This is set via a central setting, which we have set as team, as we have a mixture of activities, some which are internal only so would not want to be reflected on the timeline.

Having the ability to display the default visibility (from the central setting and or new option to set in the Human Task) would mean we could control this at the BPM level and also give the analyst the option to override the visibility in the activity view on an ahoc basis depending on the content of the reason/outcome.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

Although used in Requests, tasks do not have a Timeline, hence the creation of the Timeline entry in a Request is controlled by the Service Manager App. We currently have the capability to post to the Timeline on creation and completion of a task. It would not be possible to provide the option to set a visibility when configuration a task in a BPM or when completing it manually in a Request. There are no plans to extend tasks in Hornbill Platform and Core to provide Timeline capabilities.

We use the value of guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility Setting to determine the visibility for tasks Timeline posts. Were you aware of this? We can enhance this area by introducing it's own dedicated visibility setting called guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility.activities. Would this help? We can also consider introducing two new settings, guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility.activities and guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility.bpmActivities, so that the visibility for BPM tasks can be separated from tasks that have been created manually. Preferably, we would go with the first option.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Ehsan

@Ehsan

Ideally it would be god to have the setting at a Service Level, rather than a system wide one.

We have services now where we have to undertake a second BPM action to take the outcome text and add it as a customer view-able timeline entry after the Human Task is completed, as we have other services where we do not want the outcome to be visible on the timeline to the customer. So if not possible to control at the 'Human Task' level, we would want to set the default at Service level, that way you are giving the most flexibility across different types of services on the same instance.

Cheers

Martyn

2 hours ago, Daniel Dekel said:

@Giuseppe Iannacone, this was done in purpose, but only with Tasks created by the BPM. Manual Tasks are still allowing Follow Up. Let me know if is a problem for you and if it is, can you please give me an example of why?

This come useful when for example you have a planned task (at the BPM process level) but you are forced to reschedule due to another team not available or the customer asking for a reschedule.

22 minutes ago, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

This come useful when for example you have a planned task (at the BPM process level) but you are forced to reschedule due to another team not available or the customer asking for a reschedule.

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone

Without the Follow-up option you are still able to change the start and due dates for a BPM initiated activity.  The Follow-up option is still available on manually created activities.

I personally really like the Follow Up option and I use it a lot.  I asked the same question when I first saw it was missing from the BPM initiated activities.  But at the same time I did always create myself problems as I would complete a BPM initiated activity and add a Follow-up task if there were any bits that still needed some finishing off, and as a result the process would move forward with unfinished work.  This now forces me to complete 100% of my BPM task, which I think is a good thing. 

Regards,

James

@Martyn Houghton,

When a task is completed, an entry is posted in the Timeline by default. You could set the visibility to Team through guest.ui.app.com.hornbill.servicemanager.operation.defaultVisibility. You can then have an Automated Task to post a Timeline entry with the content of the completed task.

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 13.52.09.png

Use the Variable Picker to build the content of the Timeline entry.

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 13.52.35.png

Are you suggesting that you're already doing this? I believe this is a reasonable decision provides you the flexibility to customise the Timeline entry on a BPM by BPM basis.