New Activity View

Daniel Dekel

@Ehsan

We are indeed doing, so but means we have to do this for every human task in the workflow for the services which wish to operate  in this manner.

The original request was to be able to have a standard operation in the task to display and allow adhoc override of the visibility by the analyst.

Having the ability to set the default at the Service Level would alleviate having to code it into the BPM.

Cheers

Martyn

@Daniel Dekel & @James Ainsworth thank you for the kind and quick reply. I see your evidence and I agree with you. In our specific case this was not streactly an issue based on how we designed the flow and most important the particular way we were working on (there is a final task which remind us to check the completeness).

by the way I believe it's reasonable to remove it from the BPM tasks for us too.

Is there a way to "copy" an existing task? (i would not use the template which I know is already available, but having a copy option will result faster like the follow up)

On 9/4/2018 at 5:07 AM, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

This come useful when for example you have a planned task (at the BPM process level) but you are forced to reschedule due to another team not available or the customer asking for a reschedule.

@Giuseppe Iannacone

In order to improve my own workflow where the Follow-up is not available, I created my own outcomes where I can take a number of actions based on my selection, rather than just a random follow-up.   You could even create an outcome of the same name Follow-up if you wanted.  A decision node would then take it to the appropriate action. 

If you have a BPM activity for completing something, one of the outcomes could be called  Re-schedule. When the initial activity is completed, it can capture and showsthat I was attempted and the reason why you couldn't continue, and your new Re-schedule outcome would assure that the next activity is added.  This would keep the control within the process and not rely on someone remembering to manually add a follow up.

On 9/5/2018 at 8:48 PM, James Ainsworth said:

If you have a BPM activity for completing something, one of the outcomes could be called  Re-schedule. When the initial activity is completed, it can capture and showsthat I was attempted and the reason why you couldn't continue, and your new Re-schedule outcome would assure that the next activity is added.  This would keep the control within the process and not rely on someone remembering to manually add a follow up.

@James Ainsworth good point, thank you!

@Daniel Dekel - One of my colleagues mentioned that when completing a activity that contains a checklist, initially when they open the activity they only see the 'Complete' button. If they proceed to check things off the checklist then click 'Complete' it then removes the checks from the checklist and then shows the custom buttons, requiring them to re-check things off again. Is this normal behavior?

Hi @dwalby,

I was testing this and can see a problem with the checks. Is not the normal behaviour. 

From what I can see, the checklist displayed after the complete button are not displayed properly, but the activity is still storing the correct data. 

Until we fix this problem, I suggest not to touch the checks after you press complete. Even if these are not properly showing the check status, is storing it correctly.

I'll make sure it is fixed for our next build.

Thanks,

Daniel.

On 8/13/2018 at 11:43 AM, Daniel Dekel said:

we will add an option to hide the reason, so by default it will be visible. Your current tasks will get back to how they were before.

Has this been done yet or am I missing something trying to hide the reason field? 

• 6 months later...

@Daniel Dekel

Hi Daniel, just seen this topic.

Maybe going off topic slightly, but is there or has there ever been any consideration to enable activities to be able to be viewed in a normal team's assigned calls list?

Basically we only use activities sparingly and a part of tasks for new users\amend users etc.

The problem we have found is that the majority of people dont' see the activities assigned to their team because they forget to go and look in their activities list(it's just another thing to remember to do) or ignore the little reminder icon.

It would solve all the problems I think if any activity could be shown in the list of calls in the teams queue.

At the top where you can select to view only incidents\service requests, changes etc..you could add another to view activities and have these show up in your list of calls.

Even now after 2 years of using Hornbill I still forget about the activities and that I need to go and check to see if we have any assigned which we often do from the new\amend user forms.

Just a thought? But it is the one thing about Hornbill I have never liked. I like the activities idea but managing them and actively using them has always been a problem for the reasons mentioned above.

thanks

lee

Guest Paul Alexander
2 minutes ago, lee mcdermott said:

has there ever been any consideration to enable activities to be able to be viewed in a normal team's assigned calls list?

YES....this is definitely something that we've been hoping would happen (we were told early on that this WASN'T something that would happen though, so we've sort of stopped thinking about it...)

Hi @lee mcdermott and @Paul Alexander

I might start by suggesting that a new topic is created.  Having tasks in the request list is a different requirement from the original post and I'm always concerned that these comments are lost in the noise of the conversation around the original post.  It also makes it less likely that other users will find your post to contribute.

At the moment we are probably in the same position as before where requests and tasks are not planned to be displayed in a single Service Manager list.  Tasks or Activities are part of the main Hornbill Collaboration app and are integrated into many of our apps so their use goes way beyond Service Manager. 

If we were to look at the list of requests in Service Manager, it has specific columns that relate to requests.  Because of this, if we were to put tasks/activities into the request list we would still have to look at a separate list or section so that appropriate information on the task/activities can be displayed. Do we then split the screen up or provided a button to show the tasks/activities along with what's overdue, or what you need to today?   Adding this could potentially just be a replication of what the right hand panel already provides. 

I always have my right hand panel open so I can always seem my tasks, including those that are not related to requests. No matter where I navigate to in Hornbill the right hand panel is always available unlike the request list.

You can also add the Today's Activities widget to Hornbill Today so that you have this presented to you when you first access Hornbill and you get to see what you have planned for the day.

One consideration on the request list that we may look at in the future is providing some visual indicator on a request that it has active tasks.  Maybe allowing for different colours depending on if there are overdue tasks or task scheduled for Today.  

Regards,

James

• Like 1