Unable to amend Catalog Item subscribers

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

I'm trying to change the visibility of a new Catalog Item, which I've just created, but when I try to change who can and can't see this particular item I get this erro rmessage:

image.png.07506723ee3c3a45cdbc9873bcb3aafd.png

I can manage OTHER catalog items in this service, so any ideas why I'm getting this please?

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Victor

Service is 'People - My Employment' and the CI is 'Request Specsavers Eyecare Vouchers'.

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

Yup....I think now you mention it that's exactly what it is...thanks for that. 

I'll bug the Service Owner and nag him to do the changes...I'm pretty sure he'll soon pass ownership to someone else (me, probably) if I annoy him enough!

thanks.....

Guest Paul Alexander

I can.....that's handy....so I can change the Owner, change the CI visibility, then change the owner back and nobody will ever know I was here...sneaky....thank you!

• Victor changed the title to Unable to amend Catalog Item subscribers
Guest Paul Alexander

Just a quick one on these Catalog Item settings....what hierarchy is used?!

For instance, I am a member of VINCI PLC company. and the HR Admin Team. 

I have added this company and team and my account as subscribers to the service.

I have then added the CI, and changed the visibility to Exclude everyone except the HRAdmin team and my account.

However, I can't see the CI unless I add the VINCI PLC company to the 'Included' items. 

The reason I want to do this is because there are other CI's which are currently available for this service which SHOULD be visible by everyone, I just want to hide this one CI to everyone except myself so I can test it. Is there a way (without adding each individual user of the VINCI PLC Company) to do this please?

thanks

52 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

what hierarchy is used?!

Hierarchy? There is no hierarchy... :ph34r:

The way this works is that if there is an organisation structure (team, department, etc.) that is excluded from CI subscription, all users assigned to that organisation structure will not be subscribed to the CI regardless if they are members of other organisation structures... so, when you excluded VINCI PLC company, which you are a member of, you practically excluded yourself. It does not matter at this point that you are a member of the HR Admin Team (which are included)... same logic applies to the members of the HR Admin Team if they are also members of VINCI PLC... 

Guest Paul Alexander

OK....so.... how would you suggest that I do what I'd like to do? Which is to give VINCI PLC Company access to the OTHER CI's in this service, but to only give the HR ADMIN Team access to another CI,, when there are people in the HR Admin team who are also members of the VINCI PLC Company please?

Or am I making this more complicated than it needs to be?!  (wouldn't be the first time.....)

thanks

You not making this more complicated but on the other hand, there isn't a simple answer... perhaps think of subscribing teams to services rather than teh company as a whole if you need to exclude/include specific teams to CIs...