Customize Select Site form presented in progressive capture

@Giuseppe Iannacone i am not sure it is possible to customise the default form.  I say this knowing we have translation strings for all values, so in theory yes you could look to change the default translation string which is displayed on the Site default form, but it would apply then to all progressive captures which used this form, and your text Please select which site will be the new hired person's location may not be applicable when using this form on an other progressive capture.

An alternative approach could be to use a customised form, and the dynamic drop down type option and then either use the Data Provider option to look up the defined sites from the database automatically, or even a simple list where you populate the sites manually.

image.png

This would allow you to customise the form and field with the label, description as you need, and include it in the summary panel once completed

Hope that helps

Steve

@Steven Boardman thank you for the feedback, I've tried this approach before posting, but in this way the request will not be raised against the site choosen from the drop down list, but would instead apply the customer site, which i would avoid. The corporate HR department in Italy is currently raising request for new hired person all around the company sites, i would like to associate the correct site for each new hired person.

is there a way to obtain this behaviour? I think the only way is with the default form "select site" or i have to make in the BPM multiple decision layer, but this will result in much more complex BPM than it should be.

@Giuseppe Iannacone ah ok, i see.

Right i have looked at the options and you are correct 'currently' the only way to set the Site automatically is using the default site form, or as you say, use a very complicated BPM decision to 'update' site.

I have looked into this and we have two minor changes which will help this going forward.

1. We will be introducing a new system setting which will allow you to decide if the site of the customer raising a request via the portal is ignored or if it continues to be used automatically - currently if the default site form is not used, it defaults to the current site of the customer raising the request.  This new system setting will leave the site empty 

2. A new setting on the Request > Update Request > Site which will allow for the inputting of a variable using the variable picker.  This option will allow you to take the answer to a custom question in Progressive Capture, and set the Request Site based on this value

I think change 2 is what you will need, and will add the minimal nodes to your BPM.

I do not have a date for when change 2 will be available, but it is deemed as a minor change so i am hopeful you will not have to wait to long for this.  We will of course update this post once we have a firmer idea on it's availability.   

Steve

• 1 month later...

@Steven Boardman do the new feature (released from Service Manager 1330) has something to do with my request (quoted)? and generally speaking is there an extimated time for ?

NEW: Enhanced 'Site' Progressive Capture form to return a Site's state in the expressions list

On 8/1/2018 at 9:45 AM, Steven Boardman said:

2. A new setting on the Request > Update Request > Site which will allow for the inputting of a variable using the variable picker.  This option will allow you to take the answer to a custom question in Progressive Capture, and set the Request Site based on this value

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone the feature in this update provides an option to return the Site's State in the variable picker, and then use it as a value or to branch on.  The change you need is in our incoming queue and hopefully will not be too much longer before this is available in an update.

I will post back here as soon as we have a firmer idea of when it will be available 

• 4 months later...
On 7/31/2018 at 10:32 AM, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

but in this way the request will not be raised against the site choosen from the drop down list, but would instead apply the customer site, which i would avoid.

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone

I'm not sure if this helps the mentioned scenario, but there is now a setting to disable the automatic applying of a customer site when no site has been provided.  

image.png

This is the change mentioned in an above comment in as point 1.

On 7/29/2018 at 6:33 AM, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

is there a way to customize the "Select Site" form. I would like to show to the customer what i wroted at the business process level

We do have a change which will introduce a new option on all progressive capture forms to provide an Info message.  This has already been provided on the Progressive Capture Asset and Attachment forms.  If you try this out on one of these forms, you will be able to see if this will provide what you are looking for.
image.png

• Victor changed the title to Customize Select Site form presented in progressive capture
  • 6 months later...

Hi Giuseppe,

I just wanted to let you know that we are finishing off some work that will provide the Update Site BPM node to use a variable.  This will allow you to capture the ID of the site using a custom form.  This should be available in an upcoming Service Manager update.  Keep an eye open on the release notes.  

Documentation is already in place here

• 3 weeks later...