Custom PC - "Get All Sites"

Kelvin

@samwoo the only thing a user should do is to refresh the page in case the Progressive Capture was already loaded, but it shouldn't require to clear the cache.
We'll have to test this, I remember you mentioned this in the past, or perhaps another customer?

I'll raise a defect for this mainly to investigate the caching issue.

Regarding your requirement about Site Name, I'll catch up with James and see where that is. But we can continue that from the other post.

Thanks.

• Like 1

@samwoo, we were able to reproduce the problem with "All Sites" and it could be related to caching although we could not replicate the cache issue.

We simulated a case where a specific file we use to hold the configuration is not being updated (is cached), in this case, the specific query (like all sites) could not have existed yet, and therefore it shows the specific error.

We added a distinctive error message if we find that problem and that might guide us to find if that is the issue or not. We will keep trying to replicate the caching issue.

To your question about if users should clear their cache, my answer is no, our system should do that automatically and as you can see, for most is working.

In our next build it will be more evident if there is a bigger problem by seing that error message.

We'll keep updating you on this.

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel

Many thanks for your response, I have now asked my customer to get back to me with information and suggestion with Ctrl + F5 and clear cached to see if that would work. I will get back to you as soon I get the response.

Thanks,
Aaron

@Daniel Dekel

Apologises for the delay, the customer have managed to replied back to me with information:-

1. What browser and Operating System does the Basic user (you) use? 
ANSWER: I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to this - hopefully you will be able to say what it is. His Operating System is: 6.1.7061.24214. His browser which updated by are is: image.png.870c1e77e34fa74455e4787aeffe65d9.png

2. I understand this is the only Progressive Capture (PC) that he has a problem. Is there any other PC that has the Sites List drop down or this is the only one? (what he asking is whether any of your colleague would have this same issue as yours? You can ask them and check to confirm)
ANSWER: I am the only one in the office that usually does new starter requests, so no one else has reported a similar problem. I have asked a colleague to do a recent new starter request using the Portal on their PC and it worked fine.

3. (one of the customer reported to him and confirmed he can raise it again):
The previous customer that had this issue mentioned that he uninstalled Chrome and installed it again and it started working. I wonder if the customer has some Extension or Plugin in his browser that could interfere with our logic? Perhaps you can ask him also if he can disable the extensions/plugins and try again? Or try this with a different Browser.
ANSWER: As far as I know I do not have any extensions or plug-ins. Nothing as changed since being able to do new starter requests in the past.

Thank you @Aaron Summers for the information.

I wanted to let you know ( also @samwoo and @Kelvin ) that although we could not replicate the problem, we did find an issue in the code and is related to one of the files being cached in both server and client.

In the next build, the file will only be cached against the application version (like Service Manager) , as it should had been done from the beginning.

We hope this was the cause of the problem but if you find similar issues after the next build please let us know.

Thank you,

Daniel.

• Thanks 1