Custom PC - "Get All Sites"

Kelvin

I was building some new PCF today and noticed that you can create 

getallsites.PNG.75f5e524282ebb5add4c60beb0cbe3ef.PNG

My question is what does this return? Is this a way of creating a custom form but with the sites field?

If I try to run the PCF I get the following error

error.PNG.0096c63a07a62f4ae9da147be6bd1a6e.PNG

Hello @Kelvin,

We can not find the problem. To be able to see the problem we will have to look at the logs. We made a change last week that will be rolled out in the next platform build (this Wednesday) that will allow us to see if there is an error in the log.
Now, you have two options;

One is to wait until Wed and then we can look at the errors and hopefully find it and fix if.

The second option is to switch the DEBUG mode now (you can do it) but we will have to restart the server and the will have a down time of a few seconds. Customers will not be able to work during that time. Then we can look at errors if found.

As you prefer.

Let us know.

Thanks.

Daniel.

Hi @Kelvin,

Now that the platform has been upgraded, we need you to run at least once the same method to show the error. The error should be logged with the necessary information for us to look at this.

Let me please know the exact time you made that so we can look at the same time in the log.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi @Kelvin,

We found that there can be a problem with your Progressive Capture configuration.

Can you please do two things?

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Service Manager.

2. In the Admin Tool, remove the Site field, save the Progressive capture. Just in case, refresh the screen (press F5) and add the field back.

Let me know if that worked.

Thanks,

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel @Victor

Hello, as requested from Victor to post it on here for the same error show above but for one of my customer when he tried to raised a new starter request. please see below:

Hope you do not mind me contacting you (Victor through message) directly as it the only user that have this issue out of over 1000s (basic users) in our system.
He is a basic user and he never had any problems apart from when trying to raise a new starter request.

This is his message: "Unable to progress a new starter request on the Portal. As soon as I go in to the first page of the request, a red error message comes up, which says: The specified remote query " does not exist. I can enter most of the details in the boxes, but when it asks for location, the drop down does not work and free text is not accepted. This is stopping me from completing the new starter request. Thanks"

his role: image.png.c81f85a48b26e63289707acf7261418c.png

I asked him to elaborate a bit more about the issue and whether he have the same error when try to raise on different services, his respond:

"In response to Aaron's email:
I only get the red error message on the New Starter Request - all other requests on the Portal seem to be OK. This only happened the other day when I tried to do it, I haven't had this message appear before, and I haven't had a problem entering all the info before."

So I am a bit baffled of how or why this error appeared, he have been on regular basis raised new starter/leaver request for long period of time and never have any problem until yesterday (8th August 2018). He also raise incident about this error today without any issue.

Hope with your :ph34r: brain, you would be able to see the error and inform me the solution :)

Many thanks,

Aaron 

@Aaron Summers - another customer has just reported this issue... This one appears to be related to when a user selects a Site using the Site Selection in the Custom PC Form.
(I have another issue related to this logged on the forums where the site value when selected is only returning Site ID number instead of the Site Name)

@Aaron Summers Hello,

We are still unable to replicate this issue.

Can you provide us with more details?

1. What browser and Operating System does the Basic use?
  2. I understand this is the only Progressive Capture (PC) that he has a problem. Is there any other PC that has the Sites List dropdown or this is the only one?

The previous customer that had this issue mentioned that he uninstalled Chrome and installed it again and it started working. I wonder if the customer has some Extension or Plugin in his browser that could interfere with our logic? Perhaps you can ask him also if he can disable the extensions/plugins and try again? Or try this with a different Browser?

@samwoo, I think your case is different, correct me. You can still see the Sites List, but what you require is to store the Site Name rather than the Site ID in the answers, is that correct? In this case it would be a feature request and not a defect.

Thanks,

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel - you are correct my should be a feature and is not a defect for reference here is the post (Off topic: https://community.hornbill.com/topic/13391-pc-get-all-sites-populates-the-field-with-the-site-id-rather-than-the-site-name/)

As for this issue there doesn't seem to be a pattern so I cannot find a way to replicate this issue. But I have a feeling that the users will need to clear their cache as it "appears" to have worked for one user who tried it (though that person did a hard refresh as well CTRL+F5 so maybe this is what fixed it). Question is... why is this happening all of a sudden and do we somehow need to clear everyone's cache?