Jump to content

Form data not updating in BPM designer


Paul Alexander
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to add some form data in to a Task field in the BPM designer, but the information isn't being updated.

In the BPM, I'm trying to add the details of one of the answers which will be picked up in the Pro Cap so I use the 'select tool' and choose the Pro Cap that I'm using and click 'Inject' button, but the info isn't updating on the BPM form.

I can manually add the details of the info I need, so I can get around it, but it's a lot easier to just point and click!

Any ideas please?

image.png.d2cbc906907ae852a4121871b0d9325d.png

image.png.f34b7917343e46b74a61e27456d33266.png

 

image.png.e59debea52c17ba34c6d8e5ad5cb844a.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Victor

This still isn't working after a reboot, AND I'm also getting this:

I've added a field to a form in the Pro Capt which is a drop down list of Gas Suppliers, and I want to add another text field which should only pop up if the option of 'Other' is selected from the drop down list. 

BUT...when I go in to the conditions to set this, the field 'Gas Supplier'  isn't available.

This is a big form....is there a limit on the number of fields a Pro Cap can have? 

Thanks! (again)

image.thumb.png.28d56a85ee80bc7e145171df4303951b.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

when I go in to the conditions to set this, the field 'Gas Supplier'  isn't available.

@Paul Alexander it won't be if you trying to use it in the "Override Flags" section of the same field... if you try and add a flag for, let's say, Supplier ID or Meter ID... will the Gas Supplier field show in the list?

30 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

is there a limit on the number of fields a Pro Cap can have? 

Afaik, no...

30 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

This still isn't working after a reboot

What is the BP task where you try to inject the supplier name?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Victor said:

 it won't be if you trying to use it in the "Override Flags" section of the same field... if you try and add a flag for, let's say, Supplier ID or Meter ID... will the Gas Supplier field show in the list?

@Victor - it shows up for all of the fields which are currently in the form (Supplier ID etc) but NOT if I try to add a new field to the form (hence my question about a maximum number of fields)

 

18 minutes ago, Victor said:

What is the BP task where you try to inject the supplier name?

The BP task is in the "SERVICE REQUEST - HSEQ - Add New Meter to Project" BPM. It doesn't seem to be just that one field which won't 'inject'....it's all the fields. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paul Alexander said:

it shows up for all of the fields which are currently in the form (Supplier ID etc) but NOT if I try to add a new field to the form

@Paul Alexander - here is the test I made. I have added a new field, called "Field X". This will show up if I set up override flags for any other field like Field 13, Gas Supplier, Supplier ID , etc. However it will not show up if I set up override flags for Field X as it can't be used on itself... makes sense? 

Also the "Gas Supplier" field does show up on the newly created "Field X" ...

Unless I totally misunderstood the issue...

image.png

 

 

1 hour ago, Paul Alexander said:

he BP task is in the "SERVICE REQUEST - HSEQ - Add New Meter to Project" BPM. It doesn't seem to be just that one field which won't 'inject'....it's all the fields. 

Right, I can see the issue now although I have no idea why this is happening... I got a copy of the process definition file and I'll ask dev team to have a look at it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Victor

 

What you're saying makes perfect sense....but what is happening to me doesn't make any sense at all! I've just done the same as you (added a field) and gone in to set the override flags, and it the Gas Supplier option does NOT show:

image.thumb.png.c4938948f7f0f289f55bf5291534c603.png

 

You've proved that it SHOULD work for me...but it just isn't and I can't think of a reason why......

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Paul Alexander

6 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

You've proved that it SHOULD work for me...but it just isn't and I can't think of a reason why......

Well... I had another look now and I found out why... :D ...

So. The "Gas Supplier" field has the ID as "field_12" ... if you add a new field, for some reason the default ID for the new field is... well... "field_12" ... and voila... you will not see the "Gas Supplier" in the list because the ID for "Gas Supplier" is the same as the one of the new field... <_<

 

However, when adding a new field, the PCF engine should use a "non-used" ID but for some reason it uses "12" which is already in use.... anyway, quick workaround, rename the ID of the new field (to like 13 or 14 or else) and then you will see the "Gas Supplier" in the list...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Paul Alexander if it was the BP, I think you were trying to set up the task details information with data from ProCp answers... the issue was/is when using"Inject" from the variable picker it did not work... this is being fixed (if not already). The issue is around focus and the way this is cached... anyway, until the fix is deployed in live instances, there is a workaround which requires the first action, the first click, to be in the field (e.g. task details) to set the focus, then to click on the variable picker icon... if you click on the variable picker icon fist without clicking in the field then the issue occurs... (this is no longer valid as the issue was fixed)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Victor said:

@Paul Alexander if it was the BP, I think you were trying to set up the task details information with data from ProCp answers... the issue was/is when using"Inject" from the variable picker it did not work... this is being fixed (if not already). The issue is around focus and the way this is cached... anyway, until the fix is deployed in live instances, there is a workaround which requires the first action, the first click, to be in the field (e.g. task details) to set the focus, then to click on the variable picker icon... if you click on the variable picker icon fist without clicking in the field then the issue occurs...

That fix I just published to Live? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

On a serious note though, could this be reported please to see WHY the default field names are wrong?

@Paul Alexander - ok, I had a more thorough look into this and from what I can see the logic is as follows: when adding a new field, teh default ID will be in teh format of field_<ID>, where <ID> is a numeric value. This numeric value is calculated by looking at existing fields which have this format from latest to first in the list (or bottom up). If a field with this format is found, then it will add 1 to this and you will have your new ID. I'll explain with an example. When you added a new field, the PCF looked at previously added fields (from bottom up) having the field_id format and the first one encountered was field_11 and then the new field ID became field_12. However you already had a filed_12 but this one was moved higher up in the list so the PCF was unaware of it when it first encountered field_11.... perhaps the logic can be revisited so all fields in the list are parsed/evaluated when calculating the ID for a newly added field to avoid such scenarios...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...