Report Filter Help

Michael Sharp

See attached - I want to be able to remove Helpdesk 1st, 2nd, Training and Mobile Phone Users sections of the report because they are duplicates.  Please can you remove the attachment once reviewed as I'm unable to PM you.

Cheers,

Mike.

@Michael Sharp the reason why your report was including these teams is because the filter was not actually excluding them... there is a very important thing missing in the filter which is the use of brackets when mixing AND and OR operators due to how operator precedence works... the screenshot will explain this better. Also in the screenshot I have simplified some of the criteria like h_sys_groups->h_name and h_cmdb_asset_types->type id.

Capture.PNG

I have also noticed that some of the JOIN conditions on the tables were inefficient (using the LIKE operator) so I corrected these as well.

Here is a copy of teh report reflecting all the changes: classic-view---laptops-v2.report.txt. Let me know how it works. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 5:05 PM, Victor said:

@Michael Sharp the reason why your report was including these teams is because the filter was not actually excluding them... there is a very important thing missing in the filter which is the use of brackets when mixing AND and OR operators due to how operator precedence works... the screenshot will explain this better. Also in the screenshot I have simplified some of the criteria like h_sys_groups->h_name and h_cmdb_asset_types->type id.

Capture.PNG

I have also noticed that some of the JOIN conditions on the tables were inefficient (using the LIKE operator) so I corrected these as well.

Here is a copy of teh report reflecting all the changes: classic-view---laptops-v2.report.txt. Let me know how it works. 

Absolutely perfect thanks, and thanks for the explanation.  Is there a way of adding the date to this report?

Regards and thanks,

Mike.