Shared user account in service manager

HGrigsby

Hi

We have a shared user in HR that all the leavers and joiners requests come through.  As we are trying to close down the email to the service desk we want the HR users to be able to log tickets via self service under the general user HR Support.

Can someone give me some pointers about how to achieve this?

thanks

Helen

Helen,
I may have got the wrong end of the stick here but the end users will just need to be subscribed to a Service Called HR Support in order to raise tickets against the catalog items published for that service.

The 'shared user' in this case would be the person that picks up the requests as they come in.

Abdi

Hi Abdi

Maybe I didn't explain it right, but we have a large team who are in  HR Support and we saw us having one user called HR Support and the users signing in to service manager with that account to log their tickets, but as we are using single sign on I wasn't sure how to go about it.

I haven't got enough licences to give all the HR department a user licence, and, barring one or two, the only emails into the service desk inbox are from HR Support.

thanks

Helen

Helen,

I am not technical by any stretch but single sign-on is not going to work in that context.

Firstly anyone, be that HR staff or end user can raise a new starter request for example via the self-service portal and there is no subscription required for this.

Where the request is being picked up by the HR staff to action or progress a named subscription is required. I assume this is where you are talking about using a shared login to give access to more than one individual using a named subscription.

The 'workaround' by using the single generic user is not in the spirit of our subscription model, furthermore, in terms of auditing trail this is compromised in that how would you know who has done what with a given request or process given that there is a generic user.  

There is an additional level of exposure in this approach that involved the changing of the 'shared password' when any changes happen within the HR team, for this and the other reasons highlighted this would not be a recommended approach.

The answer to that specific question is, I am afraid, going to lie with increasing your subscription count. Just out of curiosity how many people are we talking about here?

Abdi