Human Task Captures

Dan Munns

Hi all,

Is there a reason why the PC within tasks behaves differently from the actual PCs? 

When a field is left blank it defaults to 'No answer given' rather than just staying blank. However in my BPM i need the behaviour to be the same as the PC as I need to do 'x' if blank (not set) and 'y' if set

image.png.1d1e3a8e0837ad13e9ce8ac9597abd55.png

@Dan Munns apologies, I missed your reply... I have just re-read this and I can only take blame for the "Reason: No reason given" as the custom fields in tasks were added only recently...

So, to make sure I understand this right, if you have a custom field in PCF and that will not be filled in it will appear as blank (so you can use "is set" or "is not set") but with custom fields in tasks, if the field is not filled in it will have the value of "No answer given"?

@Victor that is correct. I tried setting the decision node to be either ‘No answer given’ or no match but that doesn’t appear to work either. 

I also tried copying the answer to a custom field but it shows as blank if the system sets ‘No answer given’ 

it’s confusing me a little to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

I kept getting a 'No goto if' error.

@Dan Munns hmm...  not sure where you were getting this because the decision nodes have "No Match" branches.. unless you changed this since yesterday? Or perhaps the error occurred somewhere else?

@Victor

It is what was confusing me. It may have been because I was looking at a custom field rather than the output directly from the task. 

The custom field was empty in the request, populated with 'undefined' in the database and failed any kind of decision node check I could think of. 

I will dig out the version (it has gone up by about 20 versions since last night) 

@Dan Munns the "is set" / "is not set" is basically checking if a field is NULL or not... and it can only be one of these... either NULL ... or not NULL... is not like there is a third option there like "partially NULL" or "almost NULL" and that's what intrigues me... :unsure: