Progress Capture - Branch on department

dwalby

Hi all,

On the Service Portal is it possible to create a branch during the Progress Capture based on the requester's department?

I've tried adding a Organisation Details node to the Progress Capture, then branching on Organization Details->organizationID == %organisation%/%department%/ but it doesn't seem to work. I am however testing this myself and I'm a member of multiple teams within Hornbill, not sure if that's the issue?

Thanks in advance

Scenario for doing this by the way is for reporting Data Breaches (required by GDPR), the branching is required for a particular department who need to provide more information than anyone else in the organisation.

38 minutes ago, dwalby said:

is it possible to create a branch during the Progress Capture based on the requester's department?

@dwalby quick answer is no. However....

33 minutes ago, dwalby said:

the branching is required for a particular department who need to provide more information than anyone else in the organisation.

Perhaps an alternative would be to create a dedicated catalog item and a dedicated PCF to capture the additional information. Then subscribe only that department to this catalog item and for the "normal" catalog item and PCF subscribe everyone else besides that department... makes sense?

1 hour ago, Victor said:

subscribe only that department to this catalog item and for the "normal" catalog item and PCF subscribe everyone else besides that department

@Victor Silly question, but how do I subscribe a department to a catalog item? I know how to subscribe departments to Services, but can't see an option for Catalog Items?

@dwalby as mentioned previously I have discussed internally the scenario with having multiple organisations subscribed to a service/CI and how is this working in regards to exclusions/inclusions at catalog item level. The current functionality is that if a subscriber is part of multiple organisations and one of these is excluded at catalog itel level, then the user will not have access to the catalog item even if the other organisations are included. Basically the subscriber will not have access to the catalog item, as long as (at least) one of the subscriber's organisations is excluded from the catalog item.

There is an ongoing effort to enhance the functionality and provide options such as exclusion/inclusion hierarchy or some sort of rule engine (similar to rules in autoresponder or SLM) but I don't have any alternative method I'm afraid... I thinbk @James Ainsworth and/or @Steven Boardman would have more insight on this...