New Email Template Search - a tad annoying

SJEaton

Hi

I've noticed the new drop downs in the email templates (see attached).  It took me a while to fathom out what to select to view our template but got there in the end (had a slight heart attack initially as I thought they'd all gone! haha). 

The only thing is, when I go into a template and then return to the list, it takes me back to the search options and I have to select Hornbill Service Manager and Requests again in order to get back to my list of templates and its becoming a tad annoying.  Am I not doing this correctly or is there a way I can default to the list each time as all these additional clicks take time when I'm creating/amending numerous templates.

Sam

Capture.PNG

@SJEaton 

Yeah so I am working on some usability improvements on this area now and ill get something pushed out ASAP, Apologies I had no envisioned this area was so heavily used but we will get something changed to improve the experience as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Thanks @TrevorKillick, yes I'm in email templates most days as we have lots!!  Auto-emails are one of our favorite features to help provide customers with updates on progress with their requests and they've saved us lots of time as administrators don't have to send out emails manually :)

Sam

• Like 1

@SJEaton

I have just released a new build of the Admin Tool which reverts the expected behavior of defaulting to Service Manager -> Requests if Service Manager application is installed, I have also added something to remember the search term, application, and the entity selected when you navigate into a template and back to the list.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and we will page closer attention to the user experience when making changes in the area in the future. 

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick